The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-05-2022, 01:17 PM
Charter Member

Default Hiscox Case tight to close

Afternoon,

I have a Hiscox Pro 2 GAD case for my Gibson J15 ( same size as a J45) when I go to close and latch the case, it is VERY tight it seems; don’t want to put too much pressure on the guitars top. Does anyone seem to have this occur when closing the case it feels very tight? I would like to add and keep an arm rest on my guitar inside the case without issue, but hesitant to attach and close the case as it is without the rest attached.
Old 09-05-2022, 09:39 PM
Charter Member

Oh, I got this one.
See: https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=638574

I posted a virtually identical question several months ago after experiencing the same issue with my new Hiscox Pro II case. The top did not rest in a closed orientation, even without the guitar. Like you, I hesitated to push the cover down, with guitar inside, out of concern for damaging the box.

Short version: I reached out to Hiscox which suggested that there was too much material along the case edge with the hinges, and that eventually it would flatten out. But I determined that the primary problem was the pad attached to the interior of the case cover - just too much material in it. So I did an easy surgery, and removed just a bit of padding. And that did it. The case cover no longer compressed the guitar top. And, in a short time, the material along the hinged side flattened out as well, as Hiscox said it would. All good.Not sure about the arm rest issue, but hope this helps.
David

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion