The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 10-13-2014, 03:48 PM

1930 Style 1:

1991 Islander Deluxe:

Old 10-13-2014, 04:23 PM

jt1. C'mon. Play fair !
Old 10-13-2014, 07:19 PM

Here is my Flinthill at work.
We opened for Little Texas at the show with the RV in the background.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4IWlHFpbkmY
Old 10-13-2014, 07:23 PM

nice pics guys! wish I could post a pic I just took of my 1970 BSA motorcycle with my 1930 national O....can't figure it out.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:36 PM

As usual this forum is bad for my wallet. I have envied ya'lls resonators since first joining the forum. I have a bunch of money coming my way from my tax return (yes I really do file my taxes this late, today in fact) so I shouldn't miss a small portion before I sock the rest away in savings. You see how I like to justify my little flings? Hopefully this will get my buns in gear to move the 3 guitars I want to sell to make room for this baby (which will also more than pay for this purchase)..

This is my first resonator. I did a bunch of research this weekend on what I really wanted and finally took the plunge today once I knew I was e-filed . You know, a little present for myself for getting some of my hard earned money back from the government so they have less of my dough to squander.

I didn't really want to spend a ton on my first res but didn't want garbage either. I decided to go with a Gretsch G9202 Honey Dipper round neck. Price seemed reasonable and the reviews great. And frankly after seeing Niko's sweet green baritone tricone I kind of started to dig the green color, which hadn't even crossed my mind before. So that is another thing that sealed the deal for me to get this special edition. It will be here Thursday. I decided to just order this because I honestly wouldn't know how a decent resonator played anyways. Honestly the videos I have watched featuring this guitar sound amazing. Just the sound I am looking for. I hope it lives up to those videos. Here is a photo from the web:

Last edited by 44Runner; 10-13-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesore View Post
nice pics guys! wish I could post a pic I just took of my 1970 BSA motorcycle with my 1930 national O....can't figure it out.
You need to get an account at a free photo hosting service, like Photobucket. When you then try and post with a photo to AGF, cut and paste the Photobucket url when it asks for where the photo is.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
You need to get an account at a free photo hosting service, like Photobucket. When you then try and post with a photo to AGF, cut and paste the Photobucket url when it asks for where the photo is.
http://tinypic.com is another quick decent one to use.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Runner View Post
This is my first resonator. I did a bunch of research this weekend on what I really wanted and finally took the plunge today once I knew I was e-filed . You know, a little present for myself for getting some of my hard earned money back from the government so they have less of my dough to squander.

I didn't really want to spend a ton on my first res but didn't want garbage either. I decided to go with a Gretsch G9202 Honey Dipper round neck. Price seemed reasonable and the reviews great. And frankly after seeing Niko's sweet green baritone tricone I kind of started to dig the green color, which hadn't even crossed my mind before. So that is another thing that sealed the deal for me to get this special edition. It will be here Thursday. I decided to just order this because I honestly wouldn't know how a decent resonator played anyways. Honestly the videos I have watched featuring this guitar sound amazing. Just the sound I am looking for. I hope it lives up to those videos. Here is a photo from the web:

very interesting. i am not a fan of green myself other than walls in a home but this one intrigues me also. nice choice!

as far as ordering online site unseen i just did the same thing with my resonator. i went through Amaz...and their returns with Prime customers are extremely simple and worry free. for me i just take a look down the neck and also have my guy do a setup on it. if there is any issue i return for another one or for refund. no restocking fee or even any cost to send back.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilo123 View Post
http://tinypic.com is another quick decent one to use.
imgur.com is what I have been using. Free and easy and there is a quick sign in with Facebook option. Also has a quick and easy picture editing so you can rotate and resize if need be.

Quote:
very interesting. i am not a fan of green myself other than walls in a home but this one intrigues me also. nice choice!

as far as ordering online site unseen i just did the same thing with my resonator. i went through Amaz...and their returns with Prime customers are extremely simple and worry free. for me i just take a look down the neck and also have my guy do a setup on it. if there is any issue i return for another one or for refund. no restocking fee or even any cost to send back.
I went through the same online vendor.

Trust me, I had it in my head it would be silver because after listening to a ton of clips I knew I wanted a metal body. The honey dipper has a bell brass body. When I saw Niko's post that green one kind of stuck with me. I thought it looked cool but didn't think much more on it. Then I came across this and it got the wheels turning. I took almost a full day just pondering if I wanted to commit to getting a colored body (it's offered in silver as well). I am kind of a simple guy and I kept thinking colors are for someone else, not me. But in the end I just thought that green special edition looked cool so I took the plunge. I hope a year down the road I still like my color choice.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Runner View Post
I am kind of a simple guy and I kept thinking colors are for someone else, not me. But in the end I just thought that green special edition looked cool so I took the plunge. I hope a year down the road I still like my color choice.
Well a lot of the original Nationals end up not too far from that shade of green. Obviously not perfect, glossy, and consistent . Who knows if they did it on purpose, but when you first posted that pic, that's the first thing I thought.

See this clip.

Last edited by blue; 10-14-2014 at 07:33 AM.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:

Congratulations and good luck with your new guitar. That really does look fabulous. Been looking at those myself so will look forward to your appraisal when it arrives. Happy playing.
D45 Replica in open D
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Telecaster
Marshall AS50D Amp.
Line 6 Amplifi 30
Blackstar HT1R Tube Amp
DigiTech JamMan Stereo Looper Pedal
Old 10-14-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesore View Post
Took me ages to figure this out too but the easiest way in the end was to set up on Photo bucket. Once you get your picture up on Photobucket you will see text boxes to the right of the photo. If you click on the bottom one it will flash yellow and say copy. Your photo is now copied. Go back into your message and right click and then paste and the link will appear. Then click preview your post and the photo will come into the post. If you are happy with it submit your post and voila! Easiest method I have found.
D45 Replica in open D
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Telecaster
Marshall AS50D Amp.
Line 6 Amplifi 30
Blackstar HT1R Tube Amp
DigiTech JamMan Stereo Looper Pedal
Old 10-14-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny64 View Post
Congratulations and good luck with your new guitar. That really does look fabulous. Been looking at those myself so will look forward to your appraisal when it arrives. Happy playing.
I will certainly make a NRGD post when it arrives.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:50 AM

I'd love to post a pic of my Mule but it hasn't been built yet. I currently have a National tricone which is nice, and am expecting a Beard tomorrow. Hooray for resonators!
A few Telecasters
Old 10-14-2014, 01:22 PM

Here is my Fender Square Neck and Oscar Shmidt by Washburn round neck.
[IMG][/IMG]
Eastman E10 D
Eastman AC 420
Eastman 515 mandolin

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments