The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-23-2018, 08:24 AM

There is no "best" way. It's totally personal.

If putting your tuner in parallel with your Kitchenaid Mixmaster immediately after your Electric Dog Whistle works great for you, anybody telling you you're wrong is wasting their breath.

It's like arguing about purple being the wrong color for a guitar.

Case in point: I have an ancient Thomas Organ Cry Baby pedal that makes a glorious variable howl when it's hooked up backwards (guitar into the output jack, and input jack to amp). I've used it on several recordings, and people have asked me how I got that wacky space-ship sound.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Does not really "end" anything. Not only is it simply one persons opinion, written for an editorial for an online guitar mag. But more importantly look at the reason given , it's specious at best if not outright faulty logic . signal going into the tuner processed by any effects that might affect the tuner’s accuracy
If one simply turns the pedals to the off position, then there is no "Processing " occurring . So much for expert opinion 😜

But if that is what floats your boat carry on.
Some people just can't admit to being wrong. Sour grapes.
Maton EBG808
Alvarez AP66SB
Yamaha LL16R A.R.E.
Fishman Loudbox Mini

Electric:
1966 Fender Super Reverb
2016 Fender Champion 40
1969 Fender Thinline Tele
2015 Epiphone ES-339 Pro
2016 Fender MIA American Standard Strat
2019 Fender MIM Roadhouse Strat
Old 05-24-2018, 06:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Some people just can't admit to being wrong. Sour grapes.
That's pretty ironically funny , looked in the mirror lately ? Apparently some people fail to grasp when they are ones who are actually " wrong" and must then attempt to project that on to others .. Now I do realize that objective analysis escapes some peoples grasp, especially when they simply accept speculation or written editorial opinion (even when based on faulty premise of reasoning), to be some imaginary proof of fact.... But that is simply confusing pure speculation with objective reality..
While there could be at least one common sense logical reason to put a tuner/with a buffered output first, it has absolutely nothing to do with the ludicrous reason given in that article, and by no stretch of imagination is remotely close to being a given universal. Feel free to cling to your mistaken notion that your subjective beliefs , somehow how mandate a fact of where a tuner "should be" in the signal chain , but expecting others to buy into that notion , is less than objective also

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 05-24-2018 at 10:26 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Tags
pedal board, pedals, signal chain