The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-31-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
Tom, so sorry I couldn't go this year. Too many things happening over that weekend for me to get away. Glad you found some beautiful additions, they really look special, and I know you're even more delighted about the relationships with the builders. Enjoy, my friend!
Would have been great to see you there Mike, but I understand family commitments. What you have to do is move the family 2000 miles away and it frees up a lot of time (nah don't do that, it is not fun)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
Congrats, Tom, on your weak willpower and awesome guitar purchases!

I had the opportunity to play Ben's guitars at SB and they were indeed impressive.

And of course, your Kinnaird is a beauty that I know has wonderful music in it waiting to be unleashed!

Enjoy...
Yes, I agree on both counts, I think I chose well!!! My fingers are sore and my living smells of new guitars! Life is good.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton LeGeyt View Post
Tom,

Congrats on finding some sweet guitars to follow you home I can't think of 2 (really 3 with Ryan!) nicer guys in the guitarmaking world to work with. I had the pleasure of staying with Ben (and others) last year at Santa Barbara and it was one of the best hangs of my life.

It was a pleasure meeting you and getting to chat and I'm glad you had a good show. Hopefuly see you there next year.
The feeling is mutual Burton, your guitars were OUTSTANDING! The other model you had there had the best set up of any guitar I played at the show and such a responsive easy playing guitar, I am glad you sold that as well.
Folks, I tried to talk this young man into building for me, but the secret is out and I could not talk him into anything for a couple of years!!!! His guitars were fantastic.

So many nice people and Burton is right there with the others that were mentioned. I hope to see you again soon.

Thanks, Tom
Old 11-02-2017, 03:23 PM

I have been doing a lot of playing since Woodstock and I can say I am very pleased with what I came home with....it is a little work to go through that many guitars in one place and then find something you like, is fairly priced, and that you have a connection with the builders....I feel very confident in having achieved those goals! I had so much fun at the show this year!
Old 11-02-2017, 03:32 PM

Congrats, Tom.

You're not only the forum's most handsome moderator but also the luthiers' best friend...
Old 11-02-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCharter View Post
Congrats, Tom.

You're not only the forum's most handsome moderator but also the luthiers' best friend...

Thanks Mau, it is about time someone on this forum figured that out!!!!! I could not agree more. Just sayin...

Hope all is well!
Old 11-02-2017, 05:39 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
I have been doing a lot of playing since Woodstock and I can say I am very pleased with what I came home with....it is a little work to go through that many guitars in one place and then find something you like, is fairly priced, and that you have a connection with the builders....I feel very confident in having achieved those goals! I had so much fun at the show this year!
Congrats Tom! Yes indeed the show was a lot of fun. It was great to connect with you and I hope to see you again very soon.

www.vinesguitars.com
Old 11-02-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Vines View Post
Congrats Tom! Yes indeed the show was a lot of fun. It was great to connect with you and I hope to see you again very soon.
Tony, your guitars were beautiful and the one I was looking at still haunts me and I wonder if that should have come home with me. If it had, I know I would have loved it. I did not sleep much Saturday night trying to decide what to do. To anyone reading this, Tony's guitars were stellar as is the man himself. I just fell victim to so many guitars and only so many dollars to spend. I would not hesitate at all in recommending Tony's guitars to anyone!

Thanks for spending so much time with me.

Tom
Old 11-02-2017, 06:38 PM
AGF Sponsor

It was my pleasure Tom and thank you for spending the time with me as well.

www.vinesguitars.com
Old 11-02-2017, 07:56 PM
FKA matthewpartrick :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
I'll have to catch up on playing next week! Finally moving on the 7th. I'm living vicariously now.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:15 PM

Default "second finisher named Bob"

As the "second finisher named Bob" I should speak-up at some point..and now is as good a time as any...

I think it was an ingenious marketing ploy to have a 'first' besides mine. Of course mine was The Reason For Kinnaird 00, but if it'll sell one more guitar? Genius guys!!
Collings SJ Braz/Ger, 000-42Koa, UC3 Killer Koa
Jeffrey Yong's Seismic 2011 Japan Earthquake Tribute and a Quilt Mah "The Tree" Olson
Old 11-08-2017, 06:19 PM

Oh and Tom, I meant to say, that WAS quite the gentleman thing to offer to let her buy it. Good on you!

It is hard for us multi-Kinnaird owners to ask for yet another while so many have yet to get their firsts.

I too hope she'll order one!
Collings SJ Braz/Ger, 000-42Koa, UC3 Killer Koa
Jeffrey Yong's Seismic 2011 Japan Earthquake Tribute and a Quilt Mah "The Tree" Olson
Old 11-13-2017, 02:31 PM

Tom
It appears you now lead me 3-2 in Kinnaird guitar models, ha. I will need to rectify that with another commission it seems Great post and great pics, congrats on the 00 it looks absolutely amazing. I have enjoyed following all your build threads immensely. Now you need to get working on catching Bob and his, what is it now, 11 Kinnairds? He is the gold standard in the Kinnaird Hall of Fame !!
On a side note, Bob had his built for silk and steel. Is yours braced for silk and steel or traditional lights? 00 is most likely my next build and I was curious what yours is set up for?
Martin J-41
Old 11-13-2017, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveac View Post
Tom
It appears you now lead me 3-2 in Kinnaird guitar models, ha. I will need to rectify that with another commission it seems Great post and great pics, congrats on the 00 it looks absolutely amazing. I have enjoyed following all your build threads immensely. Now you need to get working on catching Bob and his, what is it now, 11 Kinnairds? He is the gold standard in the Kinnaird Hall of Fame !!
On a side note, Bob had his built for silk and steel. Is yours braced for silk and steel or traditional lights? 00 is most likely my next build and I was curious what yours is set up for?

Yes, I am afraid I do now have 3 S. Kinnairds (and one J....shhhhh). AND I will never catch up with Bob, he has had a big head start, I do need to save some money to quite this working stuff!

I really would recommend the OO for your next one. Gotta give Bob credit for pushing that model on the boys! I use to think the OM was the perfect size, not I am not so sure! This thing is so comfortable to play and still has a big full sound! I have lights on mine, Bob is pushing me to try silk and steel on it and I will at some point, but it was not build for those as was Bob's.

Go for it, it is an amazing little guitar, I don't tell it about being little because it does not know it and I don't want it to figure it out!
Old 11-13-2017, 09:07 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveac View Post
Tom
Dave, you have reversed Tom's sequence by getting your OM first, but until 2 weeks ago (or so) you guys were neck and neck, owning the same models.
Tom, crafty fellow that he is, pulled ahead by getting the 00. Are you going to take that sitting down?!
Come to East Texas for another visit, and after some wood prospecting we can discuss how to catch back up with Tom.

Steve

Crafted in the Piney Woods
Old 11-14-2017, 12:39 PM

Hmmmm, I see a trip to the piney woods in my near future After going big (both sound and size) with my SJ I think a nice little couch guitar is in order. Some "wood prospecting" after the holidays seems to be in order I think.
Martin J-41

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop