The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-25-2019, 03:20 PM

The NHL reached out to Las Vegas and apologized for the officiating in Game 7. Neither of the refs are scheduled past Round 1 and it's the first time in 10 years that one of the refs will not be in the Conference Finals. Sounds like the one call cost the Golden Knights the chance to advance, which was nearly guaranteed with a 3-0 third period lead.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:41 PM
Charter Member

Default NHL apologizes to Vegas for game 7 major penalty call

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...r-penalty-call

The National Hockey League has apologized to the Vegas Golden Knights for an incorrect major penalty call that opened the door for a four-goal San Jose Sharks rally and eventual victory in Game 7 of their first-round playoff series.

"The league did reach out and apologize," general manager George McPhee said Thursday in Las Vegas....

Goodall, Martin, Wingert
Old 04-25-2019, 03:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
The NHL reached out to Las Vegas and apologized for the officiating in Game 7. Neither of the refs are scheduled past Round 1 and it's the first time in 10 years that one of the refs will not be in the Conference Finals. Sounds like the one call cost the Golden Knights the chance to advance, which was nearly guaranteed with a 3-0 third period lead.

I disagree that this call cost them the game. Who gives up four goals on a major penalty? I've never heard of such a thing. This call was a challenge for the Knights and they failed. Knights fans and players are justifiably upset though at the crucial bad call with the worst timing ever.

Goodall, Martin, Wingert
Old 04-25-2019, 04:06 PM

Thumbs up Carolina looking good

Batten down the hatches, lock the cellar tight, Hurricanes a comin'!
Old 04-25-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
[/B]

I disagree that this call cost them the game. Who gives up four goals on a major penalty? I've never heard of such a thing. This call was a challenge for the Knights and they failed. Knights fans and players are justifiably upset though at the crucial bad call with the worst timing ever.
You're right in that you can't give up four PPG; however, that shouldn't absolve the refs of a bad call. If that call wouldn't have been made would Las Vegas have won? We don't know but I'm guessing they would have had an excellent chance. Give the Sharks a PPG for the minor penalty to make it 3-1 but then it's 5-5 again.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
[/B]

Yeah, I agree, basically. The major penalty presented a defensive challenge and the Knights failed miserably. Meanwhile, I can think of no greater motivation than seeing your captain lying on the ice, motionless, with blood flowing from his head.

I wanted to stop watching after 2 periods, but I was with my son and he is more loyal to the Sharks than I. The sports bar we were in went nuts, some for and some against the crazy turn of events.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:30 AM

Carolina did it again - winning in OT.

Boston and Columbus tonight!
Old 04-30-2019, 11:24 PM

Boston went down tonight but I liked their game. They kept coming all night so I can't complain. I think one Ref had a faulty whistle. Sometimes it would work and other times it remained silent. One time it worked and the replay showed him dead wrong. We need consistent whistles which I don't think is too much to ask because after all we put a man on the moon and invented refined sugar. Keep going Bruins!
Old 05-01-2019, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe View Post
Boston went down tonight but I liked their game. They kept coming all night so I can't complain. I think one Ref had a faulty whistle. Sometimes it would work and other times it remained silent. One time it worked and the replay showed him dead wrong. We need consistent whistles which I don't think is too much to ask because after all we put a man on the moon and invented refined sugar. Keep going Bruins!
I hope Bobrovsky doesn't steal the series. What's up with Marchand and the cross check to the head on the guy who was on his knees? Unacceptable, and this coming from one of his biggest fans.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:28 AM

Talking

Quote:
Carolina did it again - winning in OT.

Hurricanes a comin'
Old 05-01-2019, 10:46 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
I hope Bobrovsky doesn't steal the series. What's up with Marchand and the cross check to the head on the guy who was on his knees? Unacceptable, and this coming from one of his biggest fans.
Sports
Brad Marchand punches opponent in head, runs and hides, remains biggest trash bag in all of sports...headlines with video clip....he's now going to get some jacket attention...
Old 05-02-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Sports
Brad Marchand punches opponent in head, runs and hides, remains biggest trash bag in all of sports...headlines with video clip....he's now going to get some jacket attention...
Marchand got called for 2 penalties today but Boston won anyway.

So, Boston-Columbus tied 2-2 and Carolina leading NY 3-0. Wow, it's so close to having the two wild card teams play for the Conference Championship. That's probably never happened before.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:52 PM

This was the game Boston needed. Rask was big. I hope some home cookin' helps the cause! Great game tonight.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:26 AM

Default yup

Quote:
Marchand got called for 2 penalties today but Boston won anyway.

So, Boston-Columbus tied 2-2 and Carolina leading NY 3-0. Wow, it's so close to having the two wild card teams play for the Conference Championship. That's probably never happened before.

"Never before has the NHL – or among other pro sport leagues in North America – seen all of the division winners knocked out in the first round of the postseason."
Old 05-03-2019, 12:58 PM
Charter Member

Colorado shut out SJ last night, so now that series is tied 2-2. I don't think SJ can survive another seven game series, so they need to win game five.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic