The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-26-2018, 03:38 PM

Default Bose T1 Cat5 to L1M2. Can I send Master to Powered Speaker?

I'm playing a big room on Saturday and am not confident the L1M2 will be enough. I want to hook up a separate powered speaker but have the T1 output to that speaker use the channel volume knobs so the aux isn't the solution. Can I send the normal T1 master output to a powered speaker while sending the signal to the L1M2 via the cat5 (or whatever it is) cable?

I searched on the Bose Forum but couldn't find the needle in that haystack.

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2018, 06:23 PM
Charter Member

I have limited experience but I believe the answer is yes. Link below, to a far crazier setup but it appears to answer your question (this guy wanted to use two T1s for more inputs PLUS two Mackie speakers).

https://www.bosepro.community/g/port...ernal-speakers

The answer is complicated by the two T1s in his question, but the end of the path is the same: "You can take a line from the T1® Master output (T1® on the left side of the picture above) to a third-party powered speaker like the Mackie SRM450."

One thing to be aware of is that the Master output can be configured pre- or post-effects. I'd hope the factory setting is post but might be worth checking.

Last edited by Chriscom; 07-26-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:38 PM

Confirmed for me on the Bose site. I can do this.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification