The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-19-2018, 06:05 AM

Default Best battery powered PA match for my Perform-VG

Yo,
I have a TC-Helicon Perform-VG which I adore. I'm working on the smoothest solution to get it battery powered, at the moment I'm running from 9 or 10 NiMH AA batteries, but I also have a voltage step-up converter to be able to get the 12 V from a 5 V USB power bank.

On the amplifier and PA front I have an Yamaha THR5A, a Roland Cube Street EX and an Yamaha DXR10 (can run from 12 lead battery + inverter). They are all nice units, but as I plan to go out traveling I would like to sell all these and get one single unit that is smaller and same weight or preferably lighter than the Cube Street EX, and if I could ask for it it would be nice to have a little more bass power.

Portability and weight wise, the new Mackie Freeplay Live looks extremely nice, and as I would use the Perform-VG anyway I guess the lack of effects besides the reverb is not a big deal, and not the Wide-Z either?!? Or?

Of course the Bose S1 Pro is a given option, but it's the same weight as the Cube Street EX which is a bit too much for me.

So, are there any other nice and light battery powered PA solutions that would be "the perfect match" for a Perform-VG?

Secondly, I would also have a wireless transmitter-receiver-solution from my Perform-VG (XLR out) to the PA, any advice on that?

Thanks in advance!
Per in sunny and hot (yes!!!) Stockholm, Sweden

Last edited by Per Burström; 07-19-2018 at 06:25 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification