The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 11-08-2019, 09:49 AM

Default Ordered Ibanez AM93

I’ve recently asked for opinions on the above guitar including the Epiphone 339 Pro. This week I had the chance to handle the Epiphone at a GC and was pleasantly surprised. Although I did not plug it into an amp, the feel of the guitar was quite comfortable to me and the smaller body was just what the shoulder needed. The fit and finish were quite respectable with only a minor paint issue around the f holes. They did not have the Ibanez on hand. With that said, I ordered one from Sweetwater this morning with an expected delivery date in December. Looking forward to NGD!
Old 11-08-2019, 10:35 AM

I think you'll like it. I look forward to hearing your description of the neck profile/thickness. I'm always worried a typical Ibanez will be a little on the thin side.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:00 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
I think you'll like it. I look forward to hearing your description of the neck profile/thickness. I'm always worried a typical Ibanez will be a little on the thin side.
Their semi-hollows aren't at all. Not the beefiest necks I've played, but plenty there, not like their shredder guitars...

-Ray
Old 11-08-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
Their semi-hollows aren't at all. Not the beefiest necks I've played, but plenty there, not like their shredder guitars...

-Ray
GC did have an Ibanez AM53 (I think), and the neck was just fine with me, as was the Epiphone. I went with the Ibanez sight unseen, if there is an issue I can’t live with, I’ll return it. The Epiphone would then possibly be an option, although I really don’t need the “push/pull” feature.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:12 PM

Congrats Airborne - now you've got a month to wait. Start the countdown!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars