The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-14-2018, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreline Music View Post
That was the first full NFL game I've watched in years (thank you, Amazon Prime; I don't have TV otherwise).

A couple observations:

—Phillip Rivers is tired. Two wide open touchdown bombs were substantially underthrown.
—The worst defense in the NFL surprisingly got 4 sacks and 2 picks.
—The officiating really was a mess. The worst were the non-existent holding calls.
—Given all the hype, I didn't expect Mahomes to be so easily rattled. Yes, he made some good throws while scrambling, but intentional grounding seemed to be his MO. I think any decent defense can have a field day against KC, as the Chargers did in the second half.
—After getting burned by 486 screen plays in a row, the Chargers adjusted. That's what the good teams do.
—They engineered a comeback with their two top offensive playmakers on the sideline with injuries (Gordon, Allen). That's what the great teams do.
—Loved the 2-point call. It was like watching Coach Taylor and the Dillon Panthers.

I may have to get a subscription or something for the playoffs. That was a fun game.
KC made it known that the Bolts would have to go through THEM for the Division title. And they did. Kudos to the Bolts. One of the great games of the year so far.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
Why would the second seed be more in danger? They're in the same division, so it's not in danger.

It actually helps if the Chargers get the 1 seed because the Pats have a better chance winning in a small soccer stadium than at Arrowhead.

That is true. Totally went over my head that the chargers and chiefs are in the same division.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
That is true. Totally went over my head that the chargers and chiefs are in the same division.
My brother lives in San Diego and he tells me the fans there are totally ticked off at the Chargers leaving town for L.A. and THEN finally having a shot at the Playoffs for the first time in years. The Bolts would be walking on water in San Diego right now if they were still there. In L.A., well, they are just part of the landscape, one of a million other things to do on a Sunday afternoon. And after all, L.A. HATED the Bolts for years, arch enemies really, and now they are wearing the L.A. logo on their uniforms. Something ain’t right about that. But, in pro football as in everything else in life, you follow the money....and that’s exactly what they did, and San Diego will never forgive them; unless of course they want to come back. 😂
Old 12-14-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
That was my initial thought this morning when I saw both the Chiefs and Chargers had a better record than the Pats.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadcutter View Post
My brother lives in San Diego and he tells me the fans there are totally ticked off at the Chargers leaving town for L.A. and THEN finally having a shot at the Playoffs for the first time in years. The Bolts would be walking on water in San Diego right now if they were still there. In L.A., well, they are just part of the landscape, one of a million other things to do on a Sunday afternoon. And after all, L.A. HATED the Bolts for years, arch enemies really, and now they are wearing the L.A. logo on their uniforms. Something ain’t right about that. But, in pro football as in everything else in life, you follow the money....and that’s exactly what they did, and San Diego will never forgive them; unless of course they want to come back. [emoji23]

Not to mention LA has the Rams already.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:55 PM

I rarely root for the Jets but they're playing the Texans tonight.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I rarely root for the Jets but they're playing the Texans tonight.

Pats better win tomorrow!
Old 12-16-2018, 06:33 AM

Browns defeat Denver. Baker Mayfield does it again.
Six wins and still an outside shot at the playoffs. Life is good.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 12-16-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Pats better win tomorrow!
Big game for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
Wow, what a turnaround in Cleveland this year. Must be building some exciting in the city and for the fans.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:30 AM

Default Gameday Food!

Just put a batch of chili on for later.

A pound of stew beef, trimmed to bite size pieces and browned in the cast iron skillet.
Half a pound of dried pinto beans, soaked overnight, rinsed and drained.
2 small cans of crushed tomatoes
One medium onion, chopped medium (will be added later so it's not overcooked)
4 dried chipotle peppers (for the smoky flavor), soaked overnight and ground in a food processor
3 dried dundicutt peppers (for heat), soaked overnight and ground in a food processor
Chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, thyme to taste

Into the slow cooker - should be ready in time for the Patriots-Steelers kickoff!

Yum!!!
Old 12-16-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Big game for sure.

Wow, what a turnaround in Cleveland this year. Must be building some exciting in the city and for the fans.
As a Steelers fan, both these posts make my eye twitch a little. The Steelers have had a good run under Tomlin and Rothlisberger, but I think that window is closing. I'm not looking forward to the drought that the Steelers went through in the 80s and a repeat of the Neil O'Donnell years.

To put a positive spin on things, I'm looking forward to a more competitive AFC North and am using that as justification for being happy for Browns fans. I'm thinking that Pats fans are similarly humbled as well.

I'm not about to hang up my Terrible Towel though. I'll be watching the Ravens, Browns - and even the Bengals - with interest in anticipation of the Big Show at 4:25 down at Heinz Field. I just wish the Steelers had a better running game going in; having a 35yo QB with bruised ribs is not exactly inspiring.
Old 12-16-2018, 01:43 PM

If the Packers lose today, which they very well could, the Browns will have a better record than the Pack.

2005 Gibson J-45
1985 Guild D17
2012 Fender Am. Std. Stratocaster
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Old 12-16-2018, 02:16 PM

Sometimes you think officiating can’t get any worse and then you watch this Dallas and Indy game. Very terrible. Both teams have had bad calls but the Cowboys have gotten the worst of it.
Old 12-16-2018, 03:27 PM

Detroit Lions marched right down and got a TD, went for 2 points and missed. Hey, no big deal (Oh yes it was!) Later on tried a "chip shot" 38 yard FG----MISSED!

Detroit lost to Buffalo 13-14. Man, now there are two teams that REALLY suck! Some poor S.O.B.'s are going to get drafted by Detroit and disappear, ala Billy Sims and Barry Sanders! Detroit is known as the place that coaches/GM's go to die! Good-bye Head coach Matt Patricia, Offense brain power Jim Bob Cooter, and the GM Quinn!

Fog
Old 12-16-2018, 03:43 PM

Brady to Hogan 63-yard TD pass!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic