The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 07-04-2015, 11:14 PM

Thumbs up David Youngman reviews Journey Instruments OF660 Collapsible Carbon guitar

Hi Folks!

David Youngman just sent us the best independent review of our OF660 collapsible carbon fiber travel guitar thus far. In the video he plays it mic'd with condenser mics and via the pickups, and goes through the feature set. His arrangement at the end is really worth the watch! Very informative video if you're looking for an objective independent review of our collapsible carbon fiber travel guitar.

Here's a link to the SPECS page: http://www.journeyinstruments.com/pr...n-fiber-of660/
1950s Martin Baritone Uke
A prototype of something you're likely to drool over.

9 yr old boy learning drums, 5 yr old girl who likes to groove with the beat, a music-loving toddler, 1 patient and amazing wife.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:55 AM

Nice...thanks for sharing
Old 07-05-2015, 02:09 PM

I'd never checked before but see that Elderly includes in their price both--free shipping--AND--a complete inspection and setup (if it needs it) by their tech who does this full time.

That's really fantastic! I thought there was no dealer remaining that provided those "extras" after MacNichol closed down their guitar store.

I wonder if Elderly will set specific action per request, or, if they just adjust guitars that are out of normal range back into a normal range? I was just wondering if they allow the customer to have a bit more detailed input or not. MacNichols used to set the action to your specific wishes, so I was just wondering what others have experienced with Elderly.

And the video is amazing. He was able to play several contenders for his travel guitar and chose the Journey. Impressive. I liked the acoustic better than the plugged in, but once the plugged in was adjusted--super.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:07 PM
Charter Member

Really nice sounding, going to check out.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Tags
carbon, carbon fiber, carbon fiber guitar, travel guitar, travel guitar airlines