The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 05-27-2014, 08:56 AM
Charter Member

Default SOLD! 2001 Santa Cruz F

Sold

I have a 2001 Santa Cruz F with the standard specifications, Spruce over EIR with the original TKL case. It has a LR Baggs Element Active undersaddle pickup installed. It plays and sounds wonderful and the action is set low for fingerpicking, though it's a nice strummer as well. This guitar is in great condition.

I'm interested in a Santa Cruz OM (not PW). Anyone have one they'd like to trade? I'll set the trade value of this guitar at **SOLD** and the sell value at **SOLD** plus shipping and PayPal fees.

Below is a picture. Here are some more.

Last edited by NCBluesman; 06-01-2014 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Item is sold
Old 05-27-2014, 07:54 PM

I have been neglecting my SCGC F for several months by playing my Goodall pretty exclusively. Today I picked up my F model and it blew me away. I was amazed to recall the deep, rich tone. The sustain rivals either of my other guitars. It is now my "go to guitar" again for a while.

Good luck on your sale!
Old 05-27-2014, 08:35 PM
Charter Member

The SCGC F model (and FS model) are a secret in the acoustic guitar world.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:47 PM

This is what I want.....just need to sell my SC DPWM, promised my better half one out one in. I just played one locally, sounded so good.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelsolray View Post
The SCGC F model (and FS model) are a secret in the acoustic guitar world.
First off, I have no affiliation with OP, but I am so enamored with my SCGC F that I simply wanted to share a reply I received from Richard Hoover in response to my praise and questions about the F. I agree that this model is quite a secret in the acoustic guitar world. I am so glad I discovered mine.

Re: Love my F model
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 07:22:46 PM »

Thank you for the flattering words about the Model F. I've always felt that it is the prettiest body shape around. I have an idea why it is not more in demand. I assume because it is not a traditional icon Like the D or OM.
As to its origins; the original was comissioned by Paul Hostetter (the H in the H model) in the late '70's and was inspired by the Everly brother's model J-185. We (two total at that time) were thrilled with the look and vibe and decided to make the design the third model of our line.
To address your question about Traugott's influence;
I'm forever grateful to Jeff Traugott for the time we spent working together and his important contributions to SCGC, though the F model pre dated his employ by many years. He was, however, part of the group design session that created the FS version. Among them, Michael Hornick and Steve Palazzo. Jeff incorporated some of these features in his own instruments after he struck out on his own, possibly the source of the reversed credits that you read about.

Here's some canned copy from the web site for more.. Best, Richard

Some SCGC models are designed for specific genres like bluegrass, fingerstyle or rhythm. The F Model's intent is versatility. Recording, performing and composing with picks or nails on the same instrument is a necessity for many of us. When your repertoire also demands full dynamics from subtle to bold, you needn't settle nor compromise on your presentation if you have the proper tool. Our ability to control the EQ of the F is the secret to avoiding boominess, while maintaining impressive acoustic volume and giving an articulate voice to fingerstyle playing and open tunings. The F Model is a favorite of performing songwriters. Its classic shape and design make it a popular choice for 12 string, cutaway, custom finish and inlay options.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:54 AM
Charter Member

Thanks for all the kind words about the "F" model. Now you've got me second guessing whether to part with it!

If you're considering this guitar, you'd better hurry up before these comments convince me I need to keep her!
Old 05-28-2014, 02:48 PM

Arrrgh, only 1 11/16ths at the nut. Otherwise I love this guitar.
RainSong WS3000 (2007)
MLJ Acoustics OM-12 - bubinga/carpathian (2012)
Composite Acoustics GX HG (2013)
Old 06-01-2014, 05:48 AM
Charter Member

The Santa Cruz F Model has been sold. Thank you Acoustic Guitar Forum!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
1 11/16 nut, fingerstyle guitar, santa cruz