The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 04-27-2020, 11:38 AM
Charter Member

Default Online Workshop Sat, May 2: Alternate Tunings

I'm offering another online workshop over zoom this coming weekend. I thought I'd try Saturday this time, so Saturday May 2, 3PM Pacific time.

The topic will be "Alternate Tuning", and I will present a roadmap I use to "crack" a new tuning. We'll walk thru Drop D, Open D, Open G, and DADGAD as a way of understanding the process, and figuring out how to make sense of various tunings. I'll have handouts, with some short musical examples. This may be a lot to cover in an hour, but we'll see how much we can do!

I'm suggesting a donation for this one, with all funds going to Second Harvest, a great organization in the Bay Area that provides food for those who need it. However, donations are totally optional, so if you can't do that, feel free to attend anyway.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/doug-yo...s-103615875874

After registering, you'll get a link to the Zoom meeting, and I'll follow up with handouts and a reminder shortly before the workshop.
Old 05-03-2020, 08:56 AM

My thanks to Doug for a terrific learning experience in last night's workshop! I appreciate so much the time spent developing handouts and talking those of us 'Zoomed' in through new knowledge. Most significantly, I'm grateful proceeds have been forwarded to a worthy nonprofit, especially in times such as these. Class act, all around.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:55 PM
Charter Member

Thanks Kurt, and thanks to everyone who attended!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases