The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 01-10-2020, 03:35 PM

Default Two Tonewood Amp demos - Spanish Romance & Misirlou

Please forgive the inclusion of two videos here, but they're both quite short and on the same theme. In fact as well as demo-ing the Tonewood I'm also recording with a Tascam DR-05 portable recorder for the first time on YouTube. I normally send all my inputs through Reaper, but on this occasion, I've not used Reaper at all, and just sent the raw wav files from the Tascam directly into Lightworks, which I use for the video editing.

Quite astonishing the sound that comes out of the guitar. The first video, the Spanish Romance, has the Hall reverb setting, turned to full for effect.

The Misirlou video utilizes the Tremelo effect. I won't be doing a lot of YouTube videos with the Tonewood, it is for live playing really. The effect is quite awesome though. 😀🎶

Old 01-12-2020, 12:34 PM

Thumbs up

Great demonstration of the Tonewood Amp, Gtrfinger (and very well played). I'm a big fan of the Tonewood (I have extra braces in every guitar I own), and I'm often puzzled when people call it a "toy". You've captured the true sound of the device very well.

Thanks for posting!
Old 01-16-2020, 12:30 PM

Cheers JM, I'm with you, I think it's a very useful bit of kit, but my friends in the pub, where I play lead in a jam session every Monday night were also calling it a toy, but were so impressed that the rhythm player now wants one. They said they'd never heard me play so well... It's just the added echo I kept saying, but they were insistent. I think it depends on what style you're playing. Certainly for lead, and solo fingerstyle it adds a huge amount if you're like me, playing unamplified in pubs and small clubs. I'm just posting another demo, I won't do many more, with the delay effect, so I hope you like that one too.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell