The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 12-24-2019, 05:45 AM
Charter Member

Loved the Feat for a long time. Had a chance to see them in about ‘77 or ‘78 when Lowell was still around. I was sick as a dog and had to give my ticket to a friend. Figured I’d catch them the next time through. Well,I saw them a few times over the years, but that was my only shot to see Lowell. I’ve been bummed I missed that chance ever since. They were still great without him, but he was the singularity in that band.

I got to see just about everyone I wanted to who survived the early 70’s Jimi, Janis, Duane spate of rock star deaths - I’d have lived to have seen all of them but they were all gone before I was 12 years old. Saw Jerry many MANY times and grateful for it. But missing Lowell when I had a chance is one of my great musical regrets.

-Ray
Old 12-25-2019, 02:27 PM
Charter Member

A forgotten part of my first reply...

Lowell George produced a ummber of records for artists... Bonnie Raitt's "Home Plate" is one, I believe, and Bonnie does a good version of "What Do You Want The Boy To Do?", Allen Toussaint's great song...

All but forgotten is one of my all-time favorites... Tom Jans, "The Eyes of an Only Child"... Lowell not ony produced the record and plays on it, but Billy Payne, Ritchie Hayward, Paul Barrere (?) and Kenny Gradney, as well... with the added bonus of David Lindley playing lap steel guitar in his inimitable fashion!

For a "Folk" artist, there are some impressive grooves on that album... perfectly "Feat-esque"! Don't think you can find a copy of it anywhere, but I still have it on vinyl... if you get a chance, give it a close listen, as it is a marvelous record!
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN