The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-17-2018, 08:13 AM

Default Question for the Henriksen Bud owners...

Do you use the 2nd channel for vocals, and if so, how does it work?

I played a Bud at a store about a month ago and really liked it. It’s quite a bit more expensive than other options I might consider, but the thing that keeps bringing me back to it is the fully independent second channel. In my mind, I can see myself bringing the Bud and my guitar to small gigs with a singer. Guitar, Bud, and a mic, done. In practice, doesthe Bud work well for this?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-17-2018, 11:43 AM

It sounds really good. The problem is that it is designed to sit on the floor. It has a downward firing port and somehow couples with the floor to produce a surprising amount of low end. For vocals it should really be up in the air, but then you lose all that wonderful low end. They have that new “Ray” extension cabinet to get around this but I haven’t tried it.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:24 AM

Thank you, this is very helpful!
Old 09-18-2018, 02:59 PM
Charter Member

I tried to love the Bud but couldn't get it to work for me and a vocalist so it was returned. I love small and light though so ended up with the Bose S1 instead.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:08 AM

It really shines for amplified solo fingerstyle guitar. In spite of it’s tiny size, the porting gives you wonderful low end that showcases any thumb bass lines. That beautiful low end disappears however if you trie to raise it off the ground like you need to to project vocals.

There is phantom power on both channels.

My biggest complaint is that while there are five bands of EQ, none of them are sweepable and there is not notch filters or phase reversed help with feedback. It really is a wonderful amp for floating humbucker jazzboxes.

It’s as loud as a bigger amp. It will go quite a lot louder than an S1 for instance.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification