The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 03-15-2024, 07:00 AM

Default Kacey Musgraves: The Architect

I've been really enjoying her new album and writing. Nice playing and chord progressions for her voice. Mainstream folk music!

Old 03-15-2024, 07:15 AM
Charter Member

Wow. Thank you. That’s phenomenal.
Old 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM

Default Incredible!

What a phenomenal performance and talent! This is what I truly love - true, unvarnished artistry unobstructed by electronic sleight of hand! I also thank you!
Old 03-15-2024, 10:52 AM
Charter Member

Her music is fantastic! Been listening for a few years now. So glad she has (still) chosen to let her music stand on its own, as opposed to 'dressing' for more air time or fame. She is a classic country/folk singer songwriter in every sense of the word. She is equally impressive live as she is recorded.

I'm not a big TV person so thanks for posting!
Old 03-15-2024, 01:20 PM

Thanks for sharing! I've been listening to her new album today and really like it so far.

Cool to see her playing a Martin 0012-28 Modern Deluxe. And the other guitarist might be playing a OM-28 Modern Deluxe (hard to get a good look at the headstock, might be a Collings)
Old 03-17-2024, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by egordon99 View Post
Thanks for sharing! I've been listening to her new album today and really like it so far.

Cool to see her playing a Martin 0012-28 Modern Deluxe. And the other guitarist might be playing a OM-28 Modern Deluxe (hard to get a good look at the headstock, might be a Collings)
Thank you for identifying Kacey's guitar. I was about to post a query here but decided to do a search first. Lovely, guitar and artist.
Old 03-18-2024, 04:08 AM
Charter Member

I’ve been listening to her new album and liking it a lot as well. I have a friend who’s been pushing her on me for a couple years and I liked her, but not that much. But this album has some hooks in me. Her voice is a little more ethereal that I’d probably like a steady diet of, but the songs on this album are really strong… I’m digging it.

-Ray

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN