The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-30-2004, 08:18 PM
Charter Member

Default Bought myself a Marshall!

Okay I finally bought a AS50R! Should be here next week. I went to GC today and demoed it with my Taylor 314ce. It sounded great though at first I thought it was a bit boomy. I fixed that by rolling off the bass a little. I thought the chorus was quite nice sounding and there is greater control over its speed and depth than on my Acoustasonic 30. The reverb was fairly good, though I would have liked just a tad bit more control over it. Tomorrow I'm going to get a Tuki cover for it. Thanks to everyone for providing the information to help me make my decision. (I REALLY liked the Ultrasound amps but they are way more than I need, and there aren't any dealers nearby). Tg
Old 12-30-2004, 08:23 PM

Congrats Tg on the new amp. I haven't played through one but from all the talk on the forum, it must be a good'n.

2004 Taylor 714CE
2000 Fender '52 RI Telecaster -
Old 12-30-2004, 08:31 PM

Congrats! Everyone here needs a 'real' acoustic amp.
I was convinced that my do-all Bassman sounded OK with the bass rolled off completely. I've had a funky back for about two months now, and lugging that Bassman around has been painful. I happened by a shop that I normally don't go to and they had an AER. I just couldn't believe the sound (and size) difference. It was akin to hearing for the first time. Although it was way outside of my budget, I purchased it. I am so happy, and so is my back!
Old 12-31-2004, 02:51 AM
Rocket Scientist

I really like my Acoustasonic SFX, but I rarely use it now because it is HEAVY (60+ lb!) and it does NOT have a line out to connect to the PA and I really don't like mic'ing it. I works best for solo/duet performances in coffee-shop type venues.

We had an acoustic guitarist in our P&W band for a while who used the Marshall amp and it sounded really nice, especially when he combined it with a Boss AD-5. He's since moved and the church significantly upgraded their sound system to the point that we don't need to bring our personal amps anymore! Since most of my playing is at church now, I really cant' justify (to my wife that is! ) getting another acoustic amp. Heck, I'm having a hard time justifying to her why I need a "real" electric guitar amp (instead of my 12 watt Peavey!) to go with my Strat!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification