The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 11-11-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martie View Post
I've been listening to the immensely talented Hayley Heynderickx and now I need me a nylon strung guitar!

Any suggestions? I just want something playable and decent sounding (I'm no Segovia!).
I really love my Cordoba Fusion 14, very clear, focused, balanced, sweet sounding, bunches of headroom. In a general manner I believe that Cordoba offers very good value for the money

Jackson US Soloist

Youtube - Reverbnation - Twitter - Facebook

Old 11-14-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan Madsen View Post
I really love my Cordoba Fusion 14, very clear, focused, balanced, sweet sounding, bunches of headroom. In a general manner I believe that Cordoba offers very good value for the money

Thanks Johan, sounds great.
Old 11-14-2018, 05:19 PM

I had a go on a classical guitar today and was quite shocked at how loose the strings felt, and how wide the neck was! Obviously, this is after 35+ years of playing steel strung guitars, so quite a difference - I can see why they make crossovers now! The one I played was a 52mm nut so I'm sure I could go down to 48mm with some of the higher tension strings I've heard about. Will also open up possibilities etc. as I'd previously been ruling out 48mm.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:53 AM

Really and truely get a Corboda Fusion crossover and it will fill all your needs. It's with in your budget, can be had with a solid cedar top, 48mm nut width radiused fretboard (that's why they call it a crossover). My Cordoba C10 crossover is comfortable to play and the quality of build and sound is one of the best for your bucks out there. Cordoba make a good instrument.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:24 AM

I highly recommend that you head out to your local store and try any of the Cordoba fusion / crossover guitars and see how they feel in your hands.

Some folks don't like the narrower 1.78" width of the Fusion crossovers & prefer the GK series 1.9" width.

2011 Godin Jazz model archtop
Old 11-15-2018, 07:47 AM

Thanks again for the replies. Some kind of Cordoba looking very promising then. As suggested, the best thing I can do now is to go check some out in person. Thanks again.
Old 11-18-2018, 03:49 PM

Lucida Concerto 777 - new a tad bit under 700 used about 250-300
nice sound well built made in Spain instrument
Old 11-19-2018, 01:26 AM

Thumbs up Lucero Guitars

I've a Cocobolo body & sides single cut-a-way with a solid spruce top . It's a wonderful sounding and playing guitar - -
$160.00 ( no case ) out the door at GC a little more than a year ago .

http://luceroguitars.com/

Nice guitar with no set up . I'm changing the machines I already change out the strings and bridge to a bone .
It's become my favorite playing/practicing acoustic .

It's quite loud too for a 000 size body . Nice even balance in the sound from high to low . Neck is a tad wide but
not outrageous . For the $ it's a hard one to beat .

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical