The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 11-06-2018, 11:42 AM

Default Queen - We Will Rock You on solo acoustic guitar

Hello everyone,

I'm a fingerstyle guitarist from the Czech republic and I'm trying to spread my music more I found this forum focused on an acoustic guitar, which is great! So I allow post here my last music video. This is my own arrangement of We Will Rock You by Queen. First time with my new guitar and first time with my new microphones. Still not satisfied with the sound though :/ Enjoy and let me know, what I'm doing right or wrong and what improve

Old 12-05-2018, 05:02 PM

That was really well done!!
Old 12-05-2018, 05:37 PM

Nice! I think you can find lots of good advice on this forum from credibly qualified people, but I think not being satisfied with how something sounds is good. It motivates you to make the next performance better, and you can still be proud of the video you made as it is.

Taylor 210e, Alvarez AC65, Yamaha CG 101, Cordoba C5, San Cristobal Cigar Box Guitar, Pueblo Drum

My Stuff: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVm...UlGJ1FX1KRzszw
Old 12-06-2018, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezcawi View Post
Nice! I think you can find lots of good advice on this forum from credibly qualified people, but I think not being satisfied with how something sounds is good. It motivates you to make the next performance better, and you can still be proud of the video you made as it is.
You're absolutely right about that. A one should never be satisfied, there is always so much to learn.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:16 AM
Charter Member

That is really cool! How the heck did you record that first part where you are walking and playing? What is your recording setup for that? I would like to walk and record myself singing and playing a song.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:29 AM

Of course, I recorded it at my home studio and than play it through playback I recorded it with condenser microphones + mic in my guitar, so I can get that kick drum sound. But filming the video was funny, when I had to walk so straight as possible and play it to right time
Old 12-06-2018, 10:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsis View Post
Of course, I recorded it at my home studio and than play it through playback I recorded it with condenser microphones + mic in my guitar, so I can get that kick drum sound. But filming the video was funny, when I had to walk so straight as possible and play it to right time
I couldn't figure out how you did it, because your timing seemed perfect, it looked like you are playing it!
Old 12-06-2018, 11:09 AM

I was playing it I always synchronise the sound with the video. It looks synchronized because of a metronome.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:09 AM
Charter Member

I thought that was pretty cool and inventive! nice guitar too!!
Old 12-08-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsis View Post
Nicely done, and thanks for the explanation.
I kept trying to figure out how you were able to get such articulate percussive sounds while walking.
Bravo!
1977 Alvarez Yairi DY 57 / 2002 Martin DC-1E/ 2010 The Loar LH-700-VS/ 2012 Taylor Mini GS / 2015 Taylor 150e / 2015 Taylor 324ce SEB / 2018 Taylor 214e DLX / 2020 Taylor AD12e / 2021 Gibson J-185ce / 2022 Martin 000-15M
... and some electrics and such.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell