The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 08-06-2022, 10:26 AM

Update: The search is on today....Thanks for all your input! Greatly appreciated,
Gamma G-25 Amp (electric)
Old 08-06-2022, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty bradbury View Post
Update: The search is on today....Thanks for all your input! Greatly appreciated,
Have fun. This is supposed to be fun.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....
Old 08-10-2022, 12:04 PM

I am late to the thread but at exactly the top of the OP's price range (US$299) is the newly released Ibanez AZES31. I bought one as my second/travel/backup electric guitar and really like it. Mine had exactly zero playability issues straight out of the box, although I'll say a couple other examples of the same model I also tried in the store were not quite perfect so it's somewhat luck of the draw.

It's pretty much a straight-up hardtail Strat copy (SSS pickups, 10" radius neck, etc.) with one exception. The scale length is 25" rather than 25.5" because it's targeted at beginners and/or young people. But overall it is extremely comfy to play and sounds pretty good to me, give or take my horrible playing.
Singing the I've Wasted My Whole Life Blues
---Warren Malone "Whole Life Blues"
Old 08-10-2022, 12:38 PM

You might want to bump up to $600 or $700 and get a used Made in Mexico Tele or Strat (I have a MIM Tele Nashville Deluxe that I got used for $630). The electronics are much more reliable than the Squiers in my experience. For example, I bought a Squier mini Strat for my daughter and it kept cutting out. You can also get a new Danelectro for that amount. Those are made in Korea and the electronics are very reliable (I have two- my daughter plays one when she does her lessons with me).
Old 08-12-2022, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hutto View Post
I am late to the thread but at exactly the top of the OP's price range (US$299) is the newly released Ibanez AZES31. I bought one as my second/travel/backup electric guitar and really like it. Mine had exactly zero playability issues straight out of the box, although I'll say a couple other examples of the same model I also tried in the store were not quite perfect so it's somewhat luck of the draw.

It's pretty much a straight-up hardtail Strat copy (SSS pickups, 10" radius neck, etc.) with one exception. The scale length is 25" rather than 25.5" because it's targeted at beginners and/or young people. But overall it is extremely comfy to play and sounds pretty good to me, give or take my horrible playing.
Most likely my next guitar. Really like the versatility of these with the Alter switch.

1998 Very Sweet Wife
2000 Cute Daughter (Grand Concert)
2005 Handsome Son (Dreadnought)
2007 Lovely Daughter (Parlor)
2017 Cute Puppy (Duke the Uke)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars