The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 07-20-2022, 06:25 PM

Default Piezo pickup on my Godin LGXT not working on the low E string

As the title says. The Godin LGXT is a three-voiced solid electric guitar with two Seymour Duncan humbuckers, a 13-pin synth access socket, and an 'acoustic' piezo pickup. I've just noticed that the piezo produces no sound on the low E string. Does anyone know what the problem might be and whether this will be a costly repair?
Old 07-21-2022, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewalling View Post
As the title says. The Godin LGXT is a three-voiced solid electric guitar with two Seymour Duncan humbuckers, a 13-pin synth access socket, and an 'acoustic' piezo pickup. I've just noticed that the piezo produces no sound on the low E string. Does anyone know what the problem might be and whether this will be a costly repair?
It might be as simple as reseating the connector for the low E piezo to the PCB, or replacing that saddle. I would contact Godin for advice where to take it.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 07-21-2022, 07:08 AM

Okay, thank you.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair