The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-21-2021, 10:36 PM
Charter Member

I got to see one of the inlay guys working on one of those when I toured the factory a few years ago. It's not my style at all, I like them very plain but it was really cool to watch. I imagine at least part of the reason they do it is to build up the skills of their craftsfolk.

Also seems like it is a co-marketing stunt:

https://www.amlu.com/2016/12/24/150k...itar-to-watch/
Old 04-22-2021, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post

Personally I found the person playing to be quite limited in terms of ability, and suspect that the guitar can be made to sound noticeably better in more talented hands. As it stands, it sounds okay but nothing special. The video certainly doesn’t make me want to rush out and buy a Martin D-200....

Wade Hampton Miller

I think Matt is a much more accomplished player than he showed in the video. He really excels is fingerstyle, so flatpicking is not really his thing. He must've felt that style was what folks would want to hear with that guitar.
scott
Old 04-22-2021, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairpuller View Post
I think Matt is a much more accomplished player than he showed in the video. He really excels is fingerstyle, so flatpicking is not really his thing. He must've felt that style was what folks would want to hear with that guitar.
scott
Okay, fair enough. I would think that showing versatility in playing styles would be better, but I wasn’t there to coach him when he filmed it, obviously.

whm
Old 04-22-2021, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
Okay, fair enough. I would think that showing versatility in playing styles would be better, but I wasn’t there to coach him when he filmed it, obviously.

whm
All I could think of was Sia....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion