The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-21-2021, 08:03 PM

Default Shout out to Lunar Music in Moore OK.

Hello all,
I logged on to the forum recently to post for suggestions for a good tech near OKC, OK. I did a search before posting and found a previous thread. Someone recommended Mark Quenzer at Lunar Music Supply. After speaking with Mark yesterday I brought my guitar to him and he took care of it while I had coffee and a bite next door. Great workmanship, attention to detail, customer service, I left a very happy customer. Just wanted to share the resource for anyone else in OK.
Old 04-21-2021, 08:12 PM
Resident Guitar Hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCtodd71 View Post
Hello all,
I logged on to the forum recently to post for suggestions for a good tech near OKC, OK. I did a search before posting and found a previous thread. Someone recommended Mark Quenzer at Lunar Music Supply. After speaking with Mark yesterday I brought my guitar to him and he took care of it while I had coffee and a bite next door. Great workmanship, attention to detail, customer service, I left a very happy customer. Just wanted to share the resource for anyone else in OK.
I’m a fellow Okie and am always looking for a good tech. What exactly did he do for you?

Old 04-21-2021, 08:16 PM

I’ve never used Mark, but everyone I know speaks very highly of him and his work. Glad he was able to get you hooked up!
Old 04-21-2021, 08:29 PM

I have not heard of Lunar. Finding a good tech is a good thing.

I have used the guys at Norman Music. They are good. They also have a Plek machine and know how to use it.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:13 AM

Rev Roy,
A previous tech had left my fret ends very sharp (after I asked 2x to round them), making it terribly uncomfortable to play. Not fret sprout but the ends looked like they were simply chopped off with one swipe of a sharp tool. My callouses would catch and or be scratched moving up & down the neck. I called the shop and Mark picked up and while too busy that day, he invited me to come the next and said I should be able to take care of that in less than 1/2 hour. I when arrived he cleared his bench of what he had been working on and tools, looked at my guitar and said okay, you're gonna like this. I went to coffee shop and went I returned Mark was polishing the tops of frets, put a very light treatment on the board, cleaned the top, commented that "the intonation on this guitar is perfect", so he checked that too. After tuning he carried the guitar to me to test. Sounds crazy but I could tell by the way he held it that he "got" how important an instrument is to an owner. Charged me all of $25.00 I know it's a small and simple thing but between chatting with him and seeing the respect he displayed for my guitar, I knew I had found MY guitar tech. He apprenticed in Nashville and is soon going pack to learn more about amp repair. I feel confident recommending his services.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion