The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 10-24-2019, 04:07 PM

Default Cubasis app for the iPad.....

I bought an iPad today and started looking for recording software do it. I came across Cubasis from Stienberg for $50 bucks it’s a complete DAW package loaded with goodies, check it out !!!!!
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Ibanez Acoustic Bass 12 M1
Martin 12 string X Series
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

Formerly known as Martin Maniac.....

M
Old 10-29-2019, 06:28 AM

Cubasis is very impressive.

When I did my search around for an iPad recording system my tickbox list included the capacity to specify odd rhythms and rhythm/tempo changes. As (generally) a Folkie type I wanted the music to dictate the recording process rather than the other way round. Cubasis seems to be designed around dance/pop music which rarely wanders off 4/4@120 so such frills are superfluous.

The only app I could find which had fully fledged time signature and tempo mapping capacity (together) was Multi Track Studio for iPad. It's a variant of a desktop programme which I don't use as I'm a long time Cockos Reaper user.

I should also mention the Audioshare app which I find an indispensable add-on for all iPad audio tasks.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:03 AM

Thanks for the heads up about Multi Track Studio. I also have the Audio Share app. I bought the Cubasis program because I'm familiar with the Cubase program. I have Cubase 10 on my main computer and Cubasis seemed like a good addition to me for a satellite recording set up. So far I'm very happy with the results I'm getting with Cubasis. It was fairly easy to learn the program and I can lay down track in no time now. I thought it was well worth the $50 price.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Ibanez Acoustic Bass 12 M1
Martin 12 string X Series
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

Formerly known as Martin Maniac.....

M
Old 11-08-2019, 04:41 AM
Charter Member

Cubasis is amazing for the money.

There are a few add-ons you can purchase and the L1 Ultramaximizer is a good buy for mastering.

Cubasis is not just for 4/4....fully customizable.

There are a few downsides: make sure you duplicate a song before making changes. I have forgot once or twice. When you close the program it auto-saves which I do not like. Sure there's an UNDO function but it flashes so fast you're not sure what you're Undoing.

I use Dropbox for a backup but Cubasis will compress before uploading which I also am not fond of. My goal is to network with my PC.

It's a steal for $50 bucks though to make very decent demo's at home.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD