The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-16-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCharter View Post
You have very diverse taste in music...

Just to clarify -- I wasn't judging the artists' musical efforts.

It just seems like someone at CandyRat said, "OK team, we had a million hits on YouTube last month. In order to keep this growing, we need guys with distinctive personalities who do crazy things (a bit like X-Men or Pokemon). If you really want to stand out you can show up in your Halloween costume from last year."

As for my three guitar comment, I meant three guitars at the same time (or a guitar + a harp guitar at the same time). Lots of gimmicks for very little musical impact. Andy McKee almost seems like a conservative traditionalist compared to some of the newer acts.
Haha perhaps I do. I do think it's important as a musician to have a diverse taste. Personally, I like Ewan Dobson because his music is very reminiscent of videogame music growing up and it speaks to my inner child. Like I said, I agree with your general statement about Candyrat. Most of the music their artists put out really isn't music that I would personally listen to. I don't doubt that they focus more on view count than the music itself. I've talked to a few guitarists that tried to get on their label, and their response (more or less) was, "be like Andy Mckee and give me music I can sell." At the end of the day, though, our guitar community is small and I think any exposure is good for all of us.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Tags
joel michaud, lucky strike, micahud made, ngd, the tree