The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-12-2023, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrose1201 View Post
I am a fan of pre owned instruments. I have never heard of Elderly but I’ll take a look. Thanks.
Elderly is one of the most beloved US guitar stores, and their repair shop is as good as they get.

Great selection, but they're not cheap. I find that the best deals tend to be at Reverb.com.

Still rooting for a US Guild here! The sound is distinctive, though. Not for everyone. They tend to attract hippies, Tele players, and folks who don't stick to just one or two styles.
Old 09-12-2023, 08:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Bernstein View Post

Still rooting for a US Guild here! The sound is distinctive, though. Not for everyone. They tend to attract hippies, Tele players, and folks who don't stick to just one or two styles.
Huh???????

Bourgeois DR-A / Bowerman "Working Man's" OM / Martin Custom D-18 (adi & flame) / Martin OM-21 / Northwood M70 MJ / 1970s Sigma DR-7 / Eastman E6D / Flatiron Signature A5 / Silverangel Econo A
(Call me Dan)
Old 09-12-2023, 11:50 AM

For what it's worth and to kind of try and answer everybody's great input into one post I've been playing guitar for 48 years or so I have owned countless guitars granted primarily electric but I also own and have owned acoustic guitars from a 1940s Kingston by Wurlitzer to Yamaha's, Nagoya’s, Ibanez etc. But not really a high end acoustic like a Martin. I am well aware of the manufacturers various qualities and more important what I like and want. That being said I am also very picky, cheap! 😃 I was in high pressure and regular sales for several years and because of that I tend to study and check out every possibility in what I'm looking to buy. I can also sit down with a very expensive item and be ready to pull the trigger and happen upon a much lesser item that actually suits me much better so price is not really an issue. I also know high price generally equals higher quality but that you can also pay an unnecessary premium for a marquee name.
The HOG here in Rochester has a huge selection of electrics, but I never really shopped for an acoustic there, and found out that they have a TON! I was there last weekend and it's kind of like walking around inside of the Reverb website. I'm going back this weekend maybe I'll take a couple of pictures. I have already looked at a ton of guitars and really got it down to liking the Taylor 214CE and the Eastman AC322 (really liked the AC622 but don’t really want to spend over 2k!)
I also just didn't want to keep looking at more and more guitars. I have found for me that Martins sound amazing, but I don't like the way they play. The neck on the 214 seemed to fit me very well and the bound necks on the AC322 and higher really felt good to me; like a big Gibson jazz box. But many people reminded me by posting about Guild and the HOG actually had quite a few. I had planned on going back there on Saturday to spend more time and I guess as long as I'm in one place maybe I'll try guitars until my fingers bleed and see if I can't come to a decision!
Old 09-26-2023, 05:14 PM

Default And so it is done

After playing and re-playing a ton of guitars I finally decided on the Taylor 417e-R.
It will be here on Friday!

Last edited by egordon99; 09-26-2023 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Please review rules

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
bluegrass, boutique, dreadnought