The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 02-17-2020, 06:12 PM

Default Raw Recording - Apollo Twin Duo mkii

This is a quick raw (no editing or effects or EQ) mp3 using the Apollo Twin with outboard gear, using ADAT input from my UA-2192 Converters. The reat of the signal chain is: Gefell M-300 matched pair---->Avalon AD2022 Preamp---->Universal Audio AD-2192 Converter---->Apollo Twin.

Those Who Wait
Old 02-17-2020, 06:39 PM

Sounds really, really good to me. I have just entered into the world of Gefell mics with a couple M295s.
‘20 Gibson 1960 Hummingbird reissue
‘16 Gibson Hummingbird Avant Guard (gigging guitar)

Note to self: Never play a guitar you aren’t willing to buy.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:38 PM
Charter Member

Default Bravo Rick!

Aloha & BRAVO RICK,

That recording sounds really great, my friend. That is also some mighty fine guitar fingerpicking on a challenging song that is much, much tougher to play than it first seems on the surface. I tried to master "For Those Who Wait" for about 15 years but never got the flow among the different sections of music, the critical keying notes (slurs mostly) that keep all the sections moving, or the "all over the place" fingerboard movements completely down so I could concentrate on playing those important internal nuances & pace changes. Never could 'go public" with it. Ah, next lifetime for me, maybe. Ha! Did you use a flatpick & fingers on that, like Tommy?

Tommy Emmanuel is beyond belief. He comes out to the Islands every summer & we all go nuts! Another guy we can watch & watch & watch, & then try to copy, but never can. What a mate he is, such a funny, funny man,, & a true world-class master of the instrument we all love. He's also an underrated songwriter like the song you just played. Monster chops & entertainment monster as well is Mr. TE.

You did a great job, Rick. The recording quality is excellent for a raw track, the guitar is so clear sounding & it captures the space between the notes - God's Beat - so well - to the point that we rarely hear on an edited track at AGF. Very nice pairing, your Gefell's w/ the new Apollo interface. Thanks for sharing. Let's hear some more! Have fun with the new toy/interface, Riksta! "What favor, Apollo?" - Rocky

Bravo!
alohachris

Hey GW7EE, how do you like those GEFELL M295's? I loved those mic's, especially combined with a Pendulum MDP-1 tube pre. Unique sound. AS good as it gets for acoustic guitar.

Last edited by alohachris; 02-17-2020 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:59 PM
Charter Member

Brilliant!
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube
Old 02-17-2020, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohachris View Post
Hey GW7EE, how do you like those GEFELL M295's? I loved those mic's, especially combined with a Pendulum MDP-1 tube pre. Unique sound. AS good as it gets for acoustic guitar.
I love them. I use them with a Daking Micpre II.
‘20 Gibson 1960 Hummingbird reissue
‘16 Gibson Hummingbird Avant Guard (gigging guitar)

Note to self: Never play a guitar you aren’t willing to buy.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD