The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-21-2020, 10:10 AM

I would respectfully disagree that the bridge is not original. I have bought and sold a number of L&H guitars over the past 40 years and some of them had bridges just like the one pictured. If the guitar originally had a floating bridge that was lost, it most likely would have been replaced with another rather than a pin bridge. I could be wrong - stranger things have happened.
I never meant to imply the guitar was a Washburn. Washburn were the finely crafted "high end" production guitars of L&H. However I do believe this was part of the L&H line of guitars.
Even when Washburn was taken over by Tonk bros. and JR Stewart, I consider it to be an extension of the original company. The same way Gibson, Epiphone, and Fender are a brand, although they have been owned by several different entities. The original Washburn company died out in the 1940's. The modern Washburn company has no connection with it. Sylvan Wells has done a similar thing with "Bay State" guitars. Several others have taken up old trademarks and rebranded modern production with them. In some cases they built to a similarly high standard, and in some cases they built low end junk.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion