The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 02-15-2020, 08:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Jim hey thanks for the extensive reply. Both companies sound like the kind of companies I tend to prefer to deal with for audio gear .
Yes I know what you mean my 3U lives on my 2 Bus and everything is mixed using it.
I sometimes feel like a drug pusher when I start talking about Audio-Scape gear. Their often compared to Stam Audio, which is another small gear producer. Stam also has very good prices and the gear is usually praised but there are definite quality control issues and because they're based in South America, repairs are handled by third parties who seem to change very often. Also, the wait times are ridiculous for Stam gear. He takes a deposit to put you in line but there are far too many people waiting over two years for gear that was promised in 3-4 months.

Quote:
I had never heard of the Key thingy but it makes sense.
I can tell from the faces he's making that Vin wasn't entirely sold on the key idea but included it because someone suggested it.

Quote:
I liked Vin's video, there is however one suggestion you might pass along for his consideration and that would be to edit the different mic vocal comparisons phrase by phrase so that a there is a more direct (time wise) comparison between mics and the various sections in the vocal performance . Human retention ability is such that much more than about 5 to 10 seconds for comparison analysis, introduces more potential for less accurate assessment ,,,,just a thought.
I can see how that would be helpful but Vin is also using these videos to showcase his talent and the format he's using does that better than what you suggest. Vin's forte is opera. He's very good with the jazz standards kind of stuff but opera is what he really loves but it's a genre with a tiny audience and moving up the ladder is difficult.

But I get what you're saying because I've had the same issue with other comparison videos. What I usually do is open multiple instances of the video and set them up so I can jump quickly from one, as in this case, mic to another. The prep takes a minute to set up but once it's done, you can easily pop from one to another without more than a couple seconds of dead time between.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube
Old 02-16-2020, 08:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1960 View Post

I can see how that would be helpful but Vin is also using these videos to showcase his talent and the format he's using does that better than what you suggest. Vin's forte is opera. He's very good with the jazz standards kind of stuff but opera is what he really loves but it's a genre with a tiny audience and moving up the ladder is difficult.

But I get what you're saying because I've had the same issue with other comparison videos. What I usually do is open multiple instances of the video and set them up so I can jump quickly from one, as in this case, mic to another. The prep takes a minute to set up but once it's done, you can easily pop from one to another without more than a couple seconds of dead time between.
Yes I have done the same thing with multiples instances for comparison using my browser tabs.

Humm ? as far his video I am not sure a 21 minute mic shootout format, serves the purpose of showcasing singing talent all that optimally either . In other words if I was his producer/manager/advisor, I would suggest trying to two different things at the same time, often serves neither very well. Just a thought, but I guess we all know what free advice can be worth sometimes

So back to subject I could not find a phone number for Audio Scape on their web site. So when you say contact the owner ahead of time, can I assume you mean via the provided e-mail ?

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1
Old 02-16-2020, 10:06 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Yes I have done the same thing with multiples instances for comparison using my browser tabs.

Humm ? as far his video I am not sure a 21 minute mic shootout format, serves the purpose of showcasing singing talent all that optimally either . In other words if I was his producer/manager/advisor, I would suggest trying to two different things at the same time, often serves neither very well. Just a thought, but I guess we all know what free advice can be worth sometimes

So back to subject I could not find a phone number for Audio Scape on their web site. So when you say contact the owner ahead of time, can I assume you mean via the provided e-mail ?
Yes, Chris Yetter's email is [email protected]
If you're going to ask him to send you an invoice when something is ready, tell him Jim Caputo suggested doing that since he'd done that for me a few times in the past. The only time he's ever said no to me was when it involved a brand new release. The only thing that he might still consider a new release would be the EQP-A but everything else has been out for quite a while.

I'd also be happy to send him an email giving him a heads up that you'll be writing, if you think that would be helpful.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube
Old 02-16-2020, 01:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1960 View Post
Yes, Chris Yetter's email is [email protected]
If you're going to ask him to send you an invoice when something is ready, tell him Jim Caputo suggested doing that since he'd done that for me a few times in the past. The only time he's ever said no to me was when it involved a brand new release. The only thing that he might still consider a new release would be the EQP-A but everything else has been out for quite a while.

I'd also be happy to send him an email giving him a heads up that you'll be writing, if you think that would be helpful.
Hey much appreciated but I would only be looking to buy, if and when we actually purchase a second property. But "if and when" I will certainly mention your name. thanks

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD