The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-29-2020, 06:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmct View Post
$600 is an interesting price point. You have more than you need for a lot of the better truly inexpensive models, but not enough for the better all solid imports.
Eastman E1 and E2 are all solid and fine guitars to boot!

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!
Old 01-29-2020, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warfrat73 View Post
Eastman E1 or E2 series (E1OM, E1D, E2OM,etc.) depending on preference. I picked up an E1OM recently and, despite a couple of minor critiques, it's a heck of a nice guitar for the price... and you'd have some left over to buy strings and stuff.
And the AC122 in spruce or cedar!
Old 01-29-2020, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llew View Post
Eastman E1 and E2 are all solid and fine guitars to boot!
I bought an Eastman E1D two months ago, sight unseen, from an internet music store for $413 US. This is the best 400 bucks I've ever spent. I love this guitar. Never mind that "good guitar for the money" thing. This is a very good guitar, period. I have some "better" guitars, but I can't put the Eastman down.
Yamaha FGX 720SCA
Rogue resonator
Eastman E1D 2019
Takamine GS330S
Eastman PCH
Old 01-29-2020, 06:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorwampus View Post
I bought an Eastman E1D two months ago, sight unseen, from an internet music store for $413 US. This is the best 400 bucks I've ever spent. I love this guitar. Never mind that "good guitar for the money" thing. This is a very good guitar, period. I have some "better" guitars, but I can't put the Eastman down.
I know how you feel...I found an Eastman E2D Cedar and while it's the least expensive guitar I own I sure do love it! Mine is getting a lot of "lap time" too!

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!
Old 01-30-2020, 08:57 AM

If you can go a wee bit higher or look for a slightly used one, my vote would go towards an Epiphone DR500MCE

Old 01-30-2020, 11:49 AM

Why does no one ever mention the Canadian-built guitars - brands like Norman, Simon & Patrick, Art & Luthierie, and Godin. I believe they're all built in the Godin plant in La Patrie, Quebec.
I don't have personal experience, but they offer a wide range of models, and they're built from Canada-sourced woods.
They seem like a great value to me. I'm looking for a good Dreadnaught and they are on my shortlist.
Old 01-30-2020, 12:50 PM
Charter Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampyankee View Post
Why does no one ever mention the Canadian-built guitars - brands like Norman, Simon & Patrick, Art & Luthierie, and Godin. I believe they're all built in the Godin plant in La Patrie, Quebec.
I don't have personal experience, but they offer a wide range of models, and they're built from Canada-sourced woods.
They seem like a great value to me. I'm looking for a good Dreadnaught and they are on my shortlist.
Probably because, at the intended price point, there are guitars that many of us feel are "better" for the money...

I have yet to play one of the brands you mentioned that has been more than "okay" in my opinion... meaning no disrespect to Canada!
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman
Old 01-30-2020, 01:09 PM

a used well loved Guild D-25
best from the late 1970's -
with Brazilian rosewood bridge

Their is not a better guitar for the money !
Old 01-30-2020, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampyankee View Post
i would definitely put the Godin-made Seagull S6 in the conversation of one of the best guitars under $600. but there is no one right answer IMHO. just have to get what inspires you to play which makes it the right guitar for you.
Old 01-30-2020, 03:00 PM

Wow. Decent question, 6 pages of great responses over the past 2 months - with nary a follow up or thanks for the ideas.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion