The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-08-2020, 10:33 AM

I bought my Nylon Rider 10 years ago because I was fascinated by the idea that I wouldn't have to worry about humidity or temperature and because it was marketed, at the time, as "virtually indestructible". I then went on a 10 year journey where I ended up selling all my wood guitars (I play acoustic only) for 2 Emerald X10 woodys: one steel and one nylon. I can play them as lap guitars or on stage with great plugged in sound. And they're unique and beautiful with Amara Ebony tops. I'm now considering an X30 woody...just to have a big one lying around...
Old 01-08-2020, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
the only guitar I would need
That's crazy talk!
000-Nylon, All Mahogany custom, 000-15SM, D16-GT (resto mod in progress), D15-M, Stinger SSL electric....
And a Kobza, Bouzouki, Hurdy Gurdy and something medieval looking.....
www.woodenshoe.blog
Old 01-08-2020, 02:44 PM

I really couldn't be happier with my Composite Acoustics GX, in terms of playability, and sound quality through its Fishman Prefix system (and even by itself, it sounds great). It's practically a perfect guitar for what I do (solo guitar/vocals). Plays like butter, never affected by temp/humidity changes, frequent praise of its sound, great body shape... and of course there are lots of great choices in the CF world....

Debut album Time Will Tell now available on all the usual platforms
-- visit SeanLewisMusic
Old 01-09-2020, 11:20 PM
Runaway Tomato

Wow! The holidays stole me from the forum for a few days, but I just took the time to read through all of the responses to my op - all very thoughtful, informative and helpful. The responses are positive enough that I'm definitely gonna consider Carbon Fiber. I'm going to read back through them again. Right off the top of my head, tho, I sure like the look of Black Ice. I'll be on YouTube listening to these little critters too.

There's a video on YouTube where Paul Thorn (who usually plays a Gibson J-200 or Hummingbird, or an Epiphone guitar that looks like a J-45) is on stage doing a duet with Tommy Emmanuel (playing the TE normal Maton) ---- with a Rainsong! It sounds pretty good through the earphones.

Thanks everyone!
Former AGF Moderator

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber