The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 01-17-2015, 05:59 AM

Default Zoom R24

I am thinking about purchasing a Zoom R24. I would like to have a portable rig with a lot of features. If anyone uses one maybe you could answer this ?

If I record onto the SD card can I stick that card into my Jamman Stereo loop pedal to use as possible backing tracks. Don't everyone panic.....I may not use it that way, I just want to know if I can. It could open up a lot of possibilities.

Thanks for any and all help

RPK
Old 01-17-2015, 03:20 PM

I don't own a looper so I can't answer your question, but I've done a couple of full band CDs with my R24. You can see my portable recording rig on my "simple Homestyle Recording" page:

http://www.bluestemstrings.com/pageRecording1.html
Old 01-17-2015, 04:45 PM

This seems to be more a question about the loop pedal than about the R24.

The R24 creates folders on the card where it puts the audio files for the recordings it makes. If you pop this card into a card reader and open it up on a computer, these are just ordinary file folders with ordinary audio files ( .WAV files).

If your loop pedal can select specific files within specific folders for use, and if WAV is an acceptable type of file, then I would imagine you would be all set.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:40 PM

I see. Thanks for the help.

RPK

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD