The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 01-08-2019, 09:23 AM

Default reso with wide nut

I tried searching, Im looking for an inexpensive round neck with 1 13/16 nut. I can go 1 7/8 but not 1 3/4
Old 01-08-2019, 10:56 AM

May be best to keep an eye out for a used NRP at a good price, they're all 1 13/16 (except maybe the El Trovador at 1 3/4).
Old 01-08-2019, 10:04 PM

I have have a wide nut resonator for sale here https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...ight=resonator feel free to make me an offer. It is probably too expensive for you but with people spending 10k plus on guitars one here some people's definition of cheap might not be the same as mine.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:20 AM

Thanks guys, but if thats what itll cost I guess I wont be getting one. If I come up with something Ill report on it.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:36 PM
Guest 728

Republic Duolians and Resolians have 1 13/16" nuts. Their parlors are 1 7/8". All are well under $1000. http://republicguitars.com/
Old 06-06-2020, 07:17 PM

Try Republic resonators.
Old 06-07-2020, 06:43 AM
Charter Member

With a 1 13/16" nut, and with wonderful tone and craftsmanship, I had Republic add the Schatten piezo pickup. The guitar comes with a mighty fine hard gigbag. My cost delivered directly from Republic Guitars was about $850 USD. For its cost, a Republic resonator is likely as close in quality and tone as you'll get to a National or Mule compared to other low-cost brands.

Republic Guitars

My first playing test of the Republic Duolian in Tarnished Nickel Finish is pleasurable in that the guitar sounds really good both acoustically and plugged into my UltraSound AG30, and in that the guitar is set up quite well with darn good craftsmanship.

The amplified tone from the Republic Guitars-installed Schatten NR2 is noise-free and sounds surprisingly full and quite well-balanced string-to-string in its output and tone. I'm routing the Schatten's passive output through my new Sarno Steel Guitar Black Box Tube Preamp and that likely accounts for some of the warmth and roundness of amplified tone. The Vari-Z variable impedance knob of the SGBB acts to find the sweet spot impedance for the pickup and also acts as a kind of volume control as the more the knob is turned toward the higher impedance end of its travel the more there is a noticeable volume increase along with the increasing fullness of tone. I've found the most pleasing tone is at the 1 Megaohm end of the knob. I also have an LR Baggs Session DI that I'll try the Schatten through to hear what that can do for its amplified tone.

Photos of Republic Duolian including one of the Schatten NR-2 Biscuit Bridge Piezo Pickup

Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments