The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 07-14-2020, 09:22 AM

Rip? Hmmm. Naw--But I'm a cross-cut saw, just drag me 'cross your log...Ops, I forgot, I'm not Albert King there for a moment.

I spent some time about two decades ago working out playing electric lead. To my tastes I got so that I liked what I played some days. Now I'm focused elsewhere on compositions and learning to use other instrumental voices in them. In the current Covid days I don't have access to other players, and the tragic irony is that when I call on myself to lay down an electric solo I often fail myself right now.

A dozen years ago I was trying to sell a guitar (I thought I had too many Telecasters, silly man!) so I put up a some publicly accessible demos recorded over backing tracks to show what the guitar could sound like, quick first takes done when I was nearing the end of that former focus. I never took them down, and here's one of them where I try to (among other things) imitate a jump blues horn section.

Jump Blues

I listened to a few of those tracks again, all these years later, and though I can hear the occasional clams and muffed notes, I'm surprised I played them, sounds like another class of player than I am today.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....

Last edited by FrankHudson; 07-14-2020 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:25 AM

I've got the Pentatonic rock and blues stuff down pretty good but as much as I'd love too I will never be able to play like Bucket Head.

I have been practicing 3 note per string scales through the seven diatonic modes though and that's pretty cool stuff.
Old 07-14-2020, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Certainly has talented fingers. But the music must be someone else's, cup O tee
Yup. Her's.
Old 07-15-2020, 06:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Yup. Her's.
One would hope

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars