The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-10-2020, 07:43 AM

I had a FS-TA in my shop for a setup last week. It was my first experience with a Transacoustic. My reaction to it was almost exactly the same as the OP, although I didn't have any non-TA models to compare it to. The construction, fit, and finish was typical Yamaha excellent, but the dry tone was not at all impressive.... a bit thin and lackluster. The effects sounded good, and made the guitar sound better, but there was something artificial about the sound.

I can understand the attraction, but it didn't trigger any GAS for me.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Yeah, that's it for me. Just pull it off the wall and start playing - anywhere you can carry the guitar. No extra stuff needed.
Same for me. Plus there was almost no price difference compared to standard LL16 (LL-TA is a bit on heavy side with the actuator inside) and it seemed like a lot of fun.

And I liked that transparent pickguard
Old 08-11-2020, 07:00 AM

Default Longevity

I have an LS-TA on a one week trial. I'm kind of impressed, but worry a bit about the durability of the TA innards. Anyone have relatively longer term experience?
I know they haven't been around all that long.
Also LS vs LL impressions?
Old 08-11-2020, 07:27 AM

What about the LAG hyvibe guitars? Same sort of thing I think
Nick
Old 08-11-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyVic View Post
I have an LS-TA on a one week trial. I'm kind of impressed, but worry a bit about the durability of the TA innards. Anyone have relatively longer term experience?
I know they haven't been around all that long.
Also LS vs LL impressions?
I can't remember exactly how long I've had my LL-TA for but it's been quite a while for sure (ballpark of 2 years). It's gotten a lot of playing time since I bought it. I like it best with D'addario Nickel bronze bluegrass gauge strings. The guitar has held up well and it's the one I've been grabbing to go to a friend's house or camping trip or just taking out in the backyard while the kids are playing. I think the guitar sounds great with and without the Transacoustic engaged and for the price it brings a lot to the table. Is it my best or favorite guitar? No, but it does get a lot of playing time and I'm glad I have one and can't see me ever parting with it.
Old 08-30-2022, 10:26 PM

Anyone had a chance to compare the Yamaha Transacoustics with a guitar fitted with the Hyvibe system, perhaps an Emerald? Thanks in anticipation!
Old 08-31-2022, 08:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone70 View Post
Anyone had a chance to compare the Yamaha Transacoustics with a guitar fitted with the Hyvibe system, perhaps an Emerald? Thanks in anticipation!
I had a TA as well as an Eastman OM with a HyVibe. See this post:
https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=617871

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion