The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-21-2010, 07:50 AM

Default SR Technologies Jam 150 Plus Has Landed

The Jam 150 came in yesterday and I spent about four hours with it last night. My face hurts from the big grin I've been wearing. It's better than I remembered from my audition. The Jam 150 has so many inputs to work with you can do just about anything. I had my 714ce LTD along with a AKG C1000s mic (ES and mic), a vocal mic and backing tracks from my ipod and Boss EBand going through the Jam 150. That's all great, but the most important aspect is the pure sound that comes from the Jam 150. It's a big warm sound that fills the room. The EQ is very sensitive and a little goes a long way. The reverb and delay are good, but I still prefer my Hardwire RV-7 and MXR Carbon Copy. Which brings me to the FX loop which has a FX send and a right and left return. Very cool! When you use the FX loop, it automatically turns off the the on board FX. Each channel has it's own FX level knob and there is a Master FX level. The Jam 150 also has a Master Volume. Well, I stop talking about all the features. When I was investigating all the acoustic amps available, I tried most of the higher end amps like AER, Ultrasound, Genz Benz, Fishman, LR Baggs, etc. I could have been happy with several of these, but the warmth combined with the clarity is what hooked me on the Jam 150. That, and so many inputs/features. The warmth I hear from the Jam 150 is something you can't get by adjusting EQ. It's similar to the difference between a tube amp and a solid state amp.

One of the people that I was in contact with about the Jam 150 is Jamie Bonk who is a working musician. He has been so much help with all my questions about the Jam 150. He's given me great advice on the workings of the Jam 150. Check out his blog.

http://jamiebonk.com/fr_blog.cfm?fea...&postid=237906

Anyway, I''m extremely pleased as you can tell. Thanks for listening to my raving.

Denny
Old 09-21-2010, 10:12 AM

Denny,

Congratulations on your new amp. Looks like a wonderful piece of gear. You mind my asking what those retail for?

Bob
Old 09-21-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny1948golf View Post
The Jam 150 came in yesterday and I spent about four hours with it last night. My face hurts from the big grin I've been wearing. It's better than I remembered from my audition. The Jam 150 has so many inputs to work with you can do just about anything. I had my 714ce LTD along with a AKG C1000s mic (ES and mic), a vocal mic and backing tracks from my ipod and Boss EBand going through the Jam 150. That's all great, but the most important aspect is the pure sound that comes from the Jam 150. It's a big warm sound that fills the room. The EQ is very sensitive and a little goes a long way. The reverb and delay are good, but I still prefer my Hardwire RV-7 and MXR Carbon Copy. Which brings me to the FX loop which has a FX send and a right and left return. Very cool! When you use the FX loop, it automatically turns off the the on board FX. Each channel has it's own FX level knob and there is a Master FX level. The Jam 150 also has a Master Volume. Well, I stop talking about all the features. When I was investigating all the acoustic amps available, I tried most of the higher end amps like AER, Ultrasound, Genz Benz, Fishman, LR Baggs, etc. I could have been happy with several of these, but the warmth combined with the clarity is what hooked me on the Jam 150. That, and so many inputs/features. The warmth I hear from the Jam 150 is something you can't get by adjusting EQ. It's similar to the difference between a tube amp and a solid state amp.

One of the people that I was in contact with about the Jam 150 is Jamie Bonk who is a working musician. He has been so much help with all my questions about the Jam 150. He's given me great advice on the workings of the Jam 150. Check out his blog.

http://jamiebonk.com/fr_blog.cfm?fea...&postid=237906

Anyway, I''m extremely pleased as you can tell. Thanks for listening to my raving.

Denny
I suppose this amp/PA can easily handle 3 inputs for mic or/and guitar with separate volume/EQ/effect control. I don't see any anti-feed back feature.
I tried it few times and I remember it had very nice and warm sound but because it was little bit pricy I was more focused on smaller and more affordable acoustic amps like Vox AGA70, Fishman Loudbox and Roland AC60.
Ibanez SA 260 FM
Roland Cube Lite
Zoom G3XN
Bose S1 Pro
Old 09-21-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
I suppose this amp/PA can easily handle 3 inputs for mic or/and guitar with separate volume/EQ/effect control. I don't see any anti-feed back feature.
I tried it few times and I remember it had very nice and warm sound but because it was little bit pricy I was more focused on smaller and more affordable acoustic amps like Vox AGA70, Fishman Loudbox and Roland AC60.
I'm playing at home, so the feedback issue is non existent. That said, it sounds fantastic with the ES only. As far as price, if I had bypassed all the less expensive acoustic amps I've owned and gone for a higher end amp, I would have saved a ton of money. I'm retired and live on a fixed income. All my funding for gear comes from the sale of gear I've accumulated over the years. It took me a long time to figure out that I'm better off with a couple really great guitars (acoustic and electric) and a couple great amps for each.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification