The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-21-2010, 11:47 AM

Default ultrasound amp

hi i'm new ,i bought an ultrasound ds4 50 watt amp.it sounds great.suppose i want to play a bigger venue[without a pa system].can i plug in TWO powered speakers off the back [DI] of my amp.ireally don't wanna buy a PA now that i have this great little amp !!thanks.....any ideas???
Old 09-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Me

They make (or made) a satalite amp for that purpose.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:51 PM

hi i was told by the maker of this amp that the satellite speaker wont work for this model.thanks
Old 09-21-2010, 03:11 PM

There used to be an extension amp... a cabinet the same size with the same speakers and power amp, but no preamp section. They come up for sale now and then. If you can find one, they are a great match (since they are designed for just that.) Otherwise, any powered speaker (or pair) should be able to hook up to it fine.

Ed
Old 09-21-2010, 05:04 PM

Smile

This is what my manual says. This output takes a 1/4"cable.

LINE OUT: This jack provides an unbalanced output from the preamp that is post eq and post efx. This signal is pre MASTER VOLUME which means that this signal will not change with the MASTER VOLUME setting. This send can be used to feed a signal to a recording or sound reinforcement mixer. Additionally this output can be used to drive a slave amp or powered extension speaker.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification