The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 11-14-2015, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzard View Post
MAPLEWOOD BBQ !?!?!?!

Am I the only one here that thinks that this is very, very ill mannered in a place like this Forum...I have cold sweats...hey look at my first pic !!!

https://soundcloud.com/user-254253822

http://members.soundclick.com/Jean%2DFrancois+Champoux
Old 11-14-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-F C View Post
MAPLEWOOD BBQ !?!?!?!

Am I the only one here that thinks that this is very, very ill mannered in a place like this Forum...I have cold sweats...hey look at my first pic !!!
Hey man, it's all cool. I bought Tom's first maple guitar. And I adore it. Went to his shop to select the BRW in the other post and he accidentally had tix for the Piston's home opener. Maplewood BBQ was the perfect place for a cameo.

No trees were hurt in this process... Besides for BBQ I prefer Apple and Pecan with an occasional Hickory!

Chris

The Acoustics

Tom Doerr - Trinity. Flamed Maple under Swiss
Tom Doerr - M/D. Braz under Red
Old 11-14-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbenbenben View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Joel's face are always priceless, here is one just for you Marcus:

Haha! They indeed are. Love that photo This is one of us during our Murder Mystery Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamincolor View Post
Hah! Too funny Marcus.... and right in line with Joel's wonderful sense of humor!
You will get your fair share soon Brendan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMusik View Post
Haha. So I guess that would make you "builder's best client"
I hope so

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 11-14-2015, 04:32 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Here's a couple of people who met at a recent show in Memphis. One purpose for the meeting was to deliver this newly built guitar. The guitar in the center of the picture of the two gentlemen is this beyond amazing Brazilian/Alpine Spruce that sings like a choir of songbirds.

So, take a look at this picture...the guy on the left, after playing a few bars on this sparkling new instrument, is saying to himself... "Oh my goodness...I just CAN"T BELIEVE I was able to buy THIS beyond amazing guitar for THAT sum of money...SWEET!!"

The guy on the right is saying to himself "I KNEW I should have charged that guy more for THAT guitar"

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!
Old 11-14-2015, 05:46 PM

----------

Last edited by GraceMusik; 05-28-2016 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:57 PM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks for the kind comments J-F-C, it has been a pleasure dealing with you as a client and I also wish we lived closer together. I thought I should post a photo of a client getting his guitar at the Montreal show my next commission build will be his second with me. It will be based on the 13 fret 00 from this thread but will be a shorter scale length as he has issues with his left shoulder and needs to have his arm closer to his body as he plays. http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=395209.

http://www.fetellierguitars.com
Old 11-19-2015, 05:45 PM

Frustratingly, whilst I've met many of the builders of my guitars - specifically Dermot McIlroy, Jason Kostal (build in-progress) and George Lowden - I'm struggling to find pictures with both of us in them, usually because I'm the guy behind the camera.

So there are some pics like this, just of the maker:

Dermot McIlroy at his workshop, Antrim, December 2011 (I got the timing of my visit a bit backwards - my last guitar from Dee was February 2010; I think you're supposed to do the visit first!)

And another one of Dee at his workshop

Full gallery here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=94cca8bbd7

And of the A25c custom he built me: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=3132e4e64e

George Lowden at Thomas Leeb's bootcamp 2009

Ah, here's one where my guitar meets its maker ...

George with my O35cx at Thomas Leeb's bootcamp 2014

And here's a gallery of one of his creations: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=3132e4e64e

Ah, finally!

George, me and what was then my Lowden O10c (since sold to a friend) at Thomas Leeb's bootcamp 2009

I can't seem to find any pictures of me with Jason, only one of me and his mentor:

Ervin Somogyi talk at TAMCO, Brighton, 2014

Sadly, no Somogyi guitar in the works!

Dan
Kostal MDC German/claro and OM Euro/Madrose
Larrivee L-05MT
Lowden O35cx cedar/EIR, New Lady, Baritone, O12 and O12-12
McIlroy A25c custom Cedar/Kew black walnut
Montgomery fan fret parlour Euro/ebony
Sands Baritone Swiss/Ovangkol (another due 2022)
Wingert Model E German/Braz
Yairi 1960s Soloists
Old 11-25-2015, 02:23 AM

Taken less than a month.. special thanks to Leonardo Buendia, with the beautiful masterpiece...
Olson SJ, #1 inlay
Leonardo Buendia OM Celtic
Petros Nouveau #4
Goodall CJ BRW

--------------------
Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul. ㅡPlato, The Republic

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop