The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-29-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGS View Post
There are always exceptions to the rule, but in my experience, older Goodalls can be hit or miss, at least compared to his guitars from the last decade. I've had a couple of 80's models. One was okay, one was downright "meh." If you've played this one and it pushes your buttons, then that's certainly a good price for a Goodall. Just know that for $2000 to $2500, you can buy a heck of a nice used Goodall with not as many issues.
This one's definitely a hit tone-wise
Old 10-29-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
This one's definitely a hit tone-wise
Have you ever played other Goodall guitars? Simply amazing almost unearthly three dimensional tone is what they are all about. This one's amazing tone might not have much to do with it being old. It is probably mostly just that it is a Goodall!

This strikes me as a fantastic price for a Goodall, assuming the repair issues can be dealt with. But as others have pointed out, by the time you are done with the repair you might be getting into the price range of a nice used Goodall without problems. And newer Goodalls will almost certaintaly have tone that will at least match this one.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcap View Post
Have you ever played other Goodall guitars? Simply amazing almost unearthly three dimensional tone is what they are all about. This one's amazing tone might not have much to do with it being old. It is probably mostly just that it is a Goodall!

This strikes me as a fantastic price for a Goodall, assuming the repair issues can be dealt with. But as others have pointed out, by the time you are done with the repair you might be getting into the price range of a nice used Goodall without problems. And newer Goodalls will almost certaintaly have tone that will at least match this one.
I played my first Goodall at Rudy's several months back (Grand Concert Cutaway) and that was one fine treat! The price was around $7K ~~~ Now, to be fair the used one I'm looking at does not compare to that one, but it has its own unique tone that is very balanced with boldness - it has a very musical, dry tone I love. Sounds like I'm describing a fine wine
Old 10-30-2011, 12:34 AM

you buy guitars for their sound, not their looks. unless you are a guitar collector.

For this price, it's a steal and a bargain. Unless you want to spend another 1,000 more for a newer one, but might not have the sound you are looking for.

easy choice for me.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetaylors View Post
you buy guitars for their sound, not their looks. unless you are a guitar collector.

For this price, it's a steal and a bargain. Unless you want to spend another 1,000 more for a newer one, but might not have the sound you are looking for.

easy choice for me.
It's never an easy choice for me as I weigh in all kinds of factors, but I do have an affinity for unique or special guitars even if they are not necessarily valuable, dollar-wise.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:24 PM

If you hesitate for another day or two you may end up missing this guitar. I found it on GC site yesterday and recommended it to a friend of mine who want a Goodall, but short on cash a little. Today I went to the forum and saw a subject "1980's Goodall"... Hurry up! :-)))
Old 10-31-2011, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFIGATOR View Post
If you hesitate for another day or two you may end up missing this guitar. I found it on GC site yesterday and recommended it to a friend of mine who want a Goodall, but short on cash a little. Today I went to the forum and saw a subject "1980's Goodall"... Hurry up! :-)))
Of course, it's a fair game on this one, and I advertised it on this forum. It's on "hold" for me while the GC general manager gets an answer back from the vintage guys from Hollywood.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFIGATOR View Post

Did you happen to play the Goodall nylon string guitar that The Podium has on its web site when you were there recently? Just curious what it is like.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:47 PM

Still waiting for Hollywood's reply . . . .

I've been visiting GC practically everyday to play it. The tone is definitely mid heavy with clear highs.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:50 PM

Man, the suspense is killin me... Just walk in with $1300 cash and take it home already!!!
Santa Cruz Vintage Southerner
‘96 Gibson J-100
Old 11-01-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicktone View Post
Man, the suspense is killin me... Just walk in with $1300 cash and take it home already!!!
Haha . . . . The GM would love to, but vintage guitars are treated differently, and must be approved high up from the GC Empire ~~~

BTW, I got your CD today! Excellent! The packaging is first rate as well! Thanks!
Old 11-01-2011, 07:57 PM

cool, enjoy my friend. Send me some email feedback on the disc if you get a chance...and tell your friends...I've got 3000 in my garage I gotta get rid of
Santa Cruz Vintage Southerner
‘96 Gibson J-100
Old 11-01-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
cool, enjoy my friend. Send me some email feedback on the disc if you get a chance...and tell your friends...I've got 3000 in my garage I gotta get rid of
Will do!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Charter Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
piggybacking on the thread

Kevin, wow, your music is great!

just noticed as you and Enigma were discussing, checked the soundclips on your site. want to purchase a copy for our family and my minister(wayne hager/jonathan short, zion family ministries, check them out on youtube).

so where is the best place to buy your CD so the most funds will come to you?

thanks
daryl
Old 11-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Charter Member

All quiet on the Goodall front, Enigma? Let us know what you've decided to do in the end. The suspense is killing me!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop