The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 09-22-2022, 06:08 AM

Default Squier Classic Vibe 50’s Strat Re-visit

Recently, I posted about my newly-purchased Squier Strat and sang its praises.
I haven’t changed my mind, but in the interim it had an electronics issue.
All of the sudden, I was experiencing a 50% loss of volume when I switched to the neck pick up. This would occur sporadically and then the volume would return to 100%. Then, at a recent gig, I lost the volume on the neck pick up completely.
Subsequently, I called Sweetwater and spoke with Joe, one of their guitar techs and he was mystified. I told him I didn’t wish to return it if I could get it fixed and he agreed to let me take it to my tech who is not an authorized Fender repair service and that the warranty would be retained. My guy opened it up and could find nothing wrong. Everything checked out, including the switch. In fact the dang neck pick up started working again.
So…I called Sweetwater, informed them of what had transpired and I told them I would keep it and continue to play it and see what happened. In the meantime, they forwarded me a return label so that if I chose, I could send it back for a replacement, credit or a store credit…whichever I chose.
Well, it worked fine for about a week and then…you guessed it, no sound coming out with the switch in the neck position.
So, I called Sweetwater again and told them I was sending it back.
I spoke with Joe again. He asked me what I wanted to do about a replacement or a credit and I said I would like a replacement. Joe said they would ship one out that day with next day delivery and yes, 24 hours later and almost to the minute the replacement was at my door.
BTW, there was no “credit and bill”, for the return and replacement.

In short, the way Sweetwater has handled this from start to finish reinforces my opinion of them as a vendor. A top notch company who does what they say with professionalism, speed and friendliness.
I’ve been dealing with them over a decade…
…They are as good as it gets.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 09-22-2022, 07:14 AM

Glad to read your story, rokdog. That organization has re-written the book on customer service.
I posted recently about my first visit to their incredible facility. The primary memory for my wife and me is just how helpful, polite, and KIND everyone was. From the receptionists to the folks in the cafeteria, to the sales people, it was astounding to experience the culture they have created.

Roger
Old 09-22-2022, 09:36 AM
Charter Member

That's a great story! Sweetwater does a great job!

- Glenn
Old 09-22-2022, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
...In short, the way Sweetwater has handled this from start to finish reinforces my opinion of them as a vendor. A top notch company who does what they say with professionalism, speed and friendliness.
I’ve been dealing with them over a decade…

…They are as good as it gets.
I have nothing to add...
Old 09-22-2022, 05:35 PM
Charter Member

I saw someone on the TDPRI hangout also describe a bad pickup on a CV Tele. I hope mine holds up! I like mine, as you liked your CV.

Good luck!
Old 09-22-2022, 07:48 PM

I’m sure this kind of thing happens.
It’s how it’s taken care of after the fact that matters …right?

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 09-26-2022, 10:09 AM

With Sweetwater, you have 45 days to return whatever they have replaced. After that you WILL be billed for the second item. but yea,, their customer care in matters like this is second to none.

My marshall head went on the fritz a month and a half after it was delivered. I talked to a tech support person, was able to give evidence of the problem. They acknowledged the issue and replaced it, no questions asked.
If I bought that at a store, they'd have sent it out for warranty work.. the amp would havebeen gone for MONTHS before it was resolved. I know for a fact b/c I've been there and done that

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Taylor 814CE Deluxe V-Class
Guild F1512
Alvarez DY74 Snowflake ('78)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars