The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-04-2022, 04:34 PM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

I don’t have any inside scoop on what’s happening at FedEx but I went through a similar situation last month. I had a guitar on consignment and decided that I would get it back and keep it. Guitar Gallery shipped it from Nashville on a Tuesday. FedEx let me know that it would arrive on Sunday. I needed to be around to sign for it. On Wednesday, I got an email that it would arrive end of day Friday. It didn’t come, tracking showed that it had arrived in Citrus Heights CA (About 3 hours drive east of me) at 5:20pm. Then I checked it throughout the day in Saturday and I was told there was no information available on either the location or projected delivery time. Late Saturday evening, I discovered that the guitar had arrived in Tracy, CA. Which is well south of Citrus Heights though tracking stopped showing that it was actually ever in that location. On Sunday morning it said that it left Tracy at 8:30pm and arrived in Windsor (30 minutes away) at 6:20am. I could expect delivery Sunday. Guitar was finally delivered at 6:30 pm. Happily, the package and the guitar were in stellar condition thanks in part to a fabulous packing job by Guitar Gallery. Driver said that a truck broke down and he had his entire day re-routed to accommodate the issue. So, yes, tough times evidently for FedEx. I am glad that I have no other guitars either being shipped in or shipped out. I understand when they re-route things but when it appears that they have lost track of it altogether, that causes some nail biting.
Glad yours had a happy ending as well.
Best,
Jayne
Old 10-06-2022, 02:58 PM

Fed ex is horrible, I have had so many issues over the years from losing or destroying packages to theft and destruction of my home and property. I despise them and try to not use them ever.
They are so sorry one of their drivers ran into my home and destroyed my aluminum patio and brick fireplace and it was all caught on video, they still brought every lawyer on the payroll to get out of covering the cost for repairs and drug in on for a year and a half before it was taken care of.
Old 10-06-2022, 04:53 PM

My FedEx shipments have gone without a hitch.

In fact, the last 3 I got this week actually showed up a day or two earlier than they were supposed to. Go figure.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion