The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 01-15-2024, 05:41 PM
Charter Member

Default 2002 James Goodall Aloha Koa Concert Jumbo Cutaway CJC Sitka Spruce & Koa

Hello, I'm selling my 2002 James Goodall Aloha Koa Concert Jumbo Cutaway CJC.

The top is sitka spruce, koa back and sides. Bridge, fretboard and truss rod cover are made of pheasantwood. The neck is made of mahogany. The rosette is an agoya inlay. 1 3/4" Nut Width and 25 1/2" Scale Length. Made at their Hawaii location. Serial number is 2952. It has upgraded Gotoh 510 tuners but also includes the original tuning heads (see picture). Goodall warranty card is included. KL hardshell case with lock and key also part of the sale.

Condition: This guitar is in near mint excellent shape, and has been cared for very well. There is one cosmetic ding that is located on the back of the guitar (see picture). It does not break through the finish and looks like it was caused by some kind of blunt but soft object. Other than that, in my visual inspection of the guitar I haven't found any damage or marring. For sound, this is a 21 year old guitar with a solid sitka spruce top (with close ring spacing) so at this point the sound has really opened up. I would say the overtones are there, it has a complex sound and is really much louder than I expected when I bought it. I've only played it with 11s on it, and the overtones mostly seem to come in on the higher strings. It is incredibly easy to play, and out of the 8 acoustics I've owned over the years it is by far the smoothest and easiest to play. It has a playability more akin to an electric guitar. The frets are smooth and the action is clean. The previous "owner" Sylvan Music is a pro guitar repair shop with luthiers so it's no surprise it has been set up properly. The paper label on the inside of the guitar identifying the serial number is not warped or damaged, so it's clear it hasn't been subject to drastic humidity changes. Considering the cosmetic and sound condition I would call the condition Excellent to Near Mint. I would say the average person could not tell this is a 21+ year old guitar, as the finish has no clouding or cracking.

History: I purchased this from Sylvan Music (Santa Cruz) in 2022, paid 4,400 at the time and I think that might have been a little higher than it should've been based on some of the other sales I've seen around the internet for the same guitar. I don't know who owned it prior, it does include what looks like the original warranty card and it was not filled out, so it may well have been just a hobby guitar (just a guess).

Asking Price: I am seeking $4,000 USD with FREE shipping for this guitar.

Sale parameters: I would prefer to use Zelle, Venmo or another safe suggested app depending on what it is. I will generate a signed bill of sale that will be included in the packaging with a guitar. Upon agreed sale I will send a request for money at the agreed amount using the transfer service, and will email the bill of sale after transfer is confirmed.

Shipping: I will ship in a guitar shipping box in it's hardshell case filled in with packing material tight so it doesn't jostle around. I will use either UPS or FedEx, depending on which the purchaser prefers. If you live within the Lincoln/Omaha Nebraska area or Western Iowa I can drive to deliver it to you in a public place without shipping. Additional insurance will not be included in the Free Shipping part. If you want insurance to cover up to the full price, that will be assessed and charged. I will only cover the cost of the basic shipping price. If you want faster shipping beyond the basic ground rate, that will also be charged to you minus the rate of the standard ground shipping. So if basic Ground rate is 50 and the faster rate is 80, then I would charge you 30 for adding the faster rate.

Pictures: I will post the main picture shot on this listing, ALL of the pictures I took are located at this general IMGUR link here: Pictures

Last edited by Cedar & Sound; 01-15-2024 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-16-2024, 09:53 PM
Charter Member

I prefer a sale rather than a trade, but I would consider trading for a similarly valued nylon string acoustic.
Old 01-17-2024, 10:53 AM

Very nice! Love the Koa.
Schenk Richard Gilewitz Signature Series (available)
Goodall PECJ - 12 ‘Persephone’ (available)
Martin HD-28 CTB
Taylor 510-C
Martin D-28 kit that I built
My own that I built from scratch
Old 01-17-2024, 07:31 PM

Where are you located?.. I have a Doolin custom made that I could trade you can see it on guitargal.com when you type in Doolin to learn more about them
Old 01-17-2024, 10:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by higgy184 View Post
Where are you located?.. I have a Doolin custom made that I could trade you can see it on guitargal.com when you type in Doolin to learn more about them
I'm in the Omaha/Lincoln Nebraska area.
1960's Mitchel Parlor Guitar
1930's unknown Parlor Guitar
---
2009 Warmoth Stratocaster
2021 Fender American Precision Bass
Old 01-20-2024, 11:28 AM
Charter Member

Will post a video with audio soon.
1960's Mitchel Parlor Guitar
1930's unknown Parlor Guitar
---