The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 10-31-2014, 06:32 PM

Talking Can anyone tell me about the TAKAMINE P3FCN

I am interested in this guitar and really the only question I have is about the actual size of the body. Is it about the size of a Dreadnaught, Jumbo, Grand Auditorium or what?

Thanks
Old 11-07-2014, 04:43 AM

I can answer my own question now as I received a new one from Sweetwater Sound yesterday. Overall the first impressions are good. Well made, pleasant to look at with the appointments and not too big. The widest part of the body is 14 1\2" which is the measurement I was after.

The guitar plays very well and sounds wonderful unplugged and plugged in. I always plug in, so that's the most important to me. The neck size is very comfortable with the width and radius and the notes are even sounding and balanced all over the board.

Very happy with the purchase
Old 11-07-2014, 10:06 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageToneGuy View Post
I can answer my own question now as I received a new one from Sweetwater Sound yesterday. Overall the first impressions are good. Well made, pleasant to look at with the appointments and not too big. The widest part of the body is 14 1\2" which is the measurement I was after.

The guitar plays very well and sounds wonderful unplugged and plugged in. I always plug in, so that's the most important to me. The neck size is very comfortable with the width and radius and the notes are even sounding and balanced all over the board.

Very happy with the purchase
Congrats on the new guitar. Is this what they call a cross-over? I noticed the nut is just a bit bigger than my folk. (1.8)

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 11-11-2014, 04:23 AM

I have seen that TAKAMINE P3FCN comes with the jumbo size.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:03 AM

Talking

Well, I decided to bring the post up to date. I wound up sending the guitar back to Sweetwater as it just wasn't quite what I had in mind. I really don't know exactly what it was that made me decide to do so, it played great, sounded full and warm like a classical should. sounded spectacular plugged in; but it just didn't 'Wow' me for some reason.

So, I continued to research and found a used Taylor NS32ce at a Music Store in Florida. I corresponded with them and was convinced to give it a try. I got the guitar shipped for half the price of what it costs new and it has the 'Wow' factor that was missing previously. I don't know why, but it just sounds better, fuller, warmer both plugged and unplugged. It plays like a dream and there's not a scratch on it anywhere or any playwear indicating that it was a used guitar.

I would also like to mention that I have found my 'favorite of all time acoustic amplifier' over the past weekend - it's a SWR Strawberry Blonde that I scored locally for a very fair price. I played my Martin OOOc- 16RGTE through it all weekend and it just sounds fabulous.

Very happy with the Taylor NS32ce!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical