The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-14-2024, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalFromChatham View Post
Really sweet! Excellent Vox

I remember seeing Crystal Gale with her gorgeous hair, singing this tune on Solid Gold on tv. Nice memory to be taken back to.

Thanks Sal !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railroad Bum View Post
Great tune. My dad and I always loved Crystal Gayle. My dad is long passed, but he and I used to watch The Nashville Network back in the 80s, and we loved a lot of the artists on there. Music was something that bonded my dad and me. Whenever Crystal came on, we were always glued to the TV set, lol.

And growing up in southern WV, we did know that Loretta Lynn and Crystal were sisters.

Anyway, your rendition of that great old tune brought back some memories, and it was beautifully sung and played. Thank you for sharing.--Tim

Thanks Tim. I love it when these songs bring back nice memories.
Old 03-14-2024, 10:14 AM
Charter Member

Nice job on this AlyKat. I sure remember this Crystal Gayle song from way back. That was a fun listen. Interesting that you added a 2nd guitar.

- Glenn
Old 03-14-2024, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Nice job on this AlyKat. I sure remember this Crystal Gayle song from way back. That was a fun listen. Interesting that you added a 2nd guitar.

- Glenn
Thank you for listening !

I always make songs my own, I cant play them like the original so just do whatever I can

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell