The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-05-2021, 02:30 PM

Default Kalamazoo Tenor Discussion

Hello, I just picked up a sweet little Kalamazoo Ktg-14 from a small guitar shop while visiting San Francisco. I wasted no time breaking a string lol. I have it tuned to GDAE, and there are such a wide range of opinions/suggestions of how to string an old tenor online. Its seems to be reasonably lightly built, of course with ladder bracing. If you own an old gisbon/kalamazoo tenor, what gauge strings do you use ?

Last edited by FaxMachine; 08-05-2021 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-05-2021, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaxMachine View Post
Hello, I just picked up a sweet little Kalamazoo Ktg-14 from a small guitar shop while visiting San Francisco. I wasted no time breaking a string lol. I have it tuned to GDAE, and there are such a wide range of opinions/suggestions of how to string an old tenor online. Its seems to be reasonably lightly built, of course with ladder bracing. If you own an old gisbon/kalamazoo tenor, what do you use ?
They were designed for CGDA, so I always figured that's the tuning they'd sound best in. If you want to play Scottish/Irish or other DADGAD-ish kind of stuff, try DGDA.

Last edited by frankmcr; 08-05-2021 at 07:36 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion