The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-04-2023, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railroad Bum View Post
I wouldn't have any reservations about ordering a Boucher. I have played a few models, and they blew me away. I know the work that Robin and his team put into every guitar they make, and there is no better customer service on this planet.

Congrats on getting your dream guitar. That model would be my choice as well.
The fact that Boucher has a reputation for consistency was a significant factor affecting my decision to take the leap.

I was able to play both a BG 52 and a used BG 152. I expected to prefer the 152 but didn't. Guillaume explained that it's voiced to be a brighter sounding guitar.
Old 02-09-2023, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aK_bAsh7 View Post
I received my BG-52 GM, ordered in early December, two days ago.

I probably won't post pics as anyone can easily see much better (stock) photos than I could ever take on the Boucher site. I ordered mine with my preferred 1 11/16 nut and although it has the "gold pack", I did not get the gold tuners-- a bit too gaudy for my tastes.

I never imagined spending this much. Nor would I typically buy a guitar without having played it first. Just to clarify-- SoundPure sent me a BG 52 GM to try out before I decided to pull the trigger. I didn't buy the one they sent because it had a 1 3/4 nut. The 1 11/16 nut is a "standard" option but nevertheless not one typically spec'd by dealers.

I only arrived at this after having played Guild, Gibson, Martin, Santa Cruz, Taylor and Bourgeois and not finding any of the neck carves to my liking. Yes-- I am finnicky. Also, this will most likely be the last guitar I ever buy, so I was more willing to open the wallet wider. I should add that, of the guitars I tried, there was one I definitely would've bought, had the neck suited me-- the Guild D40 Traditional. Even though I usually prefer rosewood, that guitar was killer sounding.

Given the cost, this was a fairly nerve-wracking gamble but I'm happy to say, it paid off. The Boucher is more balanced than my Martin rswd/addy D without resorting to dialing out lows/lower mids or exaggerating upper mids and highs. And it certainly plays better than the Martin.

My wife and I have enjoyed travelling in Quebec and hope to go back, so I'm delighted to do what I can to support a Quebecois business.

I bought the guitar from SoundPure and working with Jim Dennis has been an absolute pleasure.

Of course, I will have to go through the usual process of experimenting with strings and picks to fine-tune the tone. I've never used Elixirs before but that's what the guitar came with and with a Dunlop Prime Tone .96, the guitar sounds great as it is.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions during this long process.
I bought a 2018 BG52 from Steve's in Ottawa. Amazing sound. I have to admit sounds better than my 1975 D35.
https://boucherguitars.com/guitars/b...e-dreadnought/
Old 02-09-2023, 10:12 AM

[QUOTE=aK_bAsh7;7182962]I received my BG-52 GM, ordered in early December, two days ago.

I probably won't post pics as anyone can easily see much better (stock) photos than I could ever take on the Boucher site. I ordered mine with my preferred 1 11/16 nut and although it has the "gold pack", I did not get the gold tuners-- a bit too gaudy for my tastes.

I never imagined spending this much. Nor would I typically buy a guitar without having played it first. Just to clarify-- SoundPure sent me a BG 52 GM to try out before I decided to pull the trigger. I didn't buy the one they sent because it had a 1 3/4 nut. The 1 11/16 nut is a "standard" option but nevertheless not one typically spec'd by dealers.

I only arrived at this after having played Guild, Gibson, Martin, Santa Cruz, Taylor and Bourgeois and not finding any of the neck carves to my liking. Yes-- I am finnicky. Also, this will most likely be the last guitar I ever buy, so I was more willing to open the wallet wider. I should add that, of the guitars I tried, there was one I definitely would've bought, had the neck suited me-- the Guild D40 Traditional. Even though I usually prefer rosewood, that guitar was killer sounding.

Given the cost, this was a fairly nerve-wracking gamble but I'm happy to say, it paid off. The Boucher is more balanced than my Martin rswd/addy D without resorting to dialing out lows/lower mids or exaggerating upper mids and highs. And it certainly plays better than the Martin.

My wife and I have enjoyed travelling in Quebec and hope to go back, so I'm delighted to do what I can to support a Quebecois business.

I bought the guitar from SoundPure and working with Jim Dennis has been an absolute pleasure.

Of course, I will have to go through the usual process of experimenting with strings and picks to fine-tune the tone. I've never used Elixirs before but that's what the guitar came with and with a Dunlop Prime Tone .96, the guitar sounds great as it is.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions during this long process.[/

I bought a 2018 BG52 from Steve's in Ottawa. The sound is incredible.
https://boucherguitars.com/guitars/b...e-dreadnought/
Old 02-09-2023, 10:55 AM
Charter Member

Congrats, sounds like you are one happy picker. Boucher is on top of their game, terrific guitars. I have a HG-56 -18 months old, it makes me feel like there is more to "find" in it, every time I pick it up.
Old 02-09-2023, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck57 View Post
Congrats, sounds like you are one happy picker. Boucher is on top of their game, terrific guitars. I have a HG-56 -18 months old, it makes me feel like there is more to "find" in it, every time I pick it up.
Yes; the fact that one discovers things one has never played before simply by changing guitars has always fascinated me.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion