The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 05-17-2019, 09:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdbrain View Post
I would LOVE to see the results of that session.
Well here's some of the results of that photo session ... and what a photogenic guitar it is!

I think if you left click on the image below it will open a new window where the photo appears in a larger format?

... and from Linda

"This is the second guitar for this client. His original guitar was named “Space Odyssey”. He commissioned a darker sequel that he has graciously lent it to me to show you today. He wanted it loosely based on the Star Trek episode “Mirror Mirror”. Captain Kirk and Spock are accidentally transported into a parallel universe that is dark and evil. It’s not good!! (Don’t worry they make it home safely). Fun Fact: The Starship Enterprise is hidden on this guitar in two places. My niece Lianne Manzer is an astrophysicist and collaborated with me to made sure my universe was in as much order as possible.
I take full responsibility for rearranging much of the universe when she wasn’t looking.

All images are hand draw by me with museum grade water colour pencils and stardust. Fingerboard inlay is Recon Stone, Abalone and Mother of Pearl
All galaxies and stars are based on actual photographs.

This 12 string has a 65 cm scale length / 13 fret neck joint
Quilted Maple back and sides / European Spruce top / Ebony appointments"
Old 05-18-2019, 12:44 AM

The paintings of planets and nebulae etc look photo realistic! What a work of art that manner is...
Old 05-18-2019, 06:56 AM
Charter Member

David, thank you for posting these high quality pictures along with Linda's narrative description. This guitar was just stunning to see in person. Linda also kindly showed me an ipad time lapse video of her doing the artwork on the back which was really fun to watch.
Old 05-18-2019, 06:04 PM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodahdoug View Post
David, thank you for posting these high quality pictures along with Linda's narrative description. This guitar was just stunning to see in person. Linda also kindly showed me an ipad time lapse video of her doing the artwork on the back which was really fun to watch.

Fabulous photos capturing a unique guitar and since it is a Manzer, we know it sounds wonderful. Sounds like a great video as well.

Best,
Jayne

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop