The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-01-2019, 07:24 AM

Default Using a Tonedexter and TC Play Acoustic Together

My tonedexter comes today-super excited!

Anyone have advice on these pedals playing nicely with each other?

I assume I'll turn off the bodyrez in the Play Acoustic.

Should I put them in series (ie guitar>td>play acoustic>pa), or use the effects loop?

Any thoughts appreciated on these questions, and any other issues using these two together!
Old 02-01-2019, 10:22 AM

I often use the TD into Play Acoustic. I have used the play acoustic only for our last two gigs since I bought another guitar that I'm using and haven't "trained" the TD. We've got a gig tonight and I'll probably do the tonedexter training for the new guitar. It's pickup is a Baggs Lyric that James May (Mr. Tonedexter) indicates may not work so well with the TD (hence my delay in using it with the new guitar.)

As to settings on the Play Acoustic, I make the assumption that the signal coming out of the Tonedexter is modeling the sound of my guitar. I use whatever processing I choose on the Play Acoustic (a hint of delay, reverb, and body rez) to get a sound I like.

The things I've missed in the last couple of gigs when I didn't use TD are the tuner and the boost. I'm hoping that the model I get with the new guitar will work.

Bottom line, for me, this has been a good fit. TD into Play Acoustic into PA. Have fun. Make music.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification