The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 07-31-2002, 02:54 PM
Me

Default Anyone got a looper?

I have been thinking about getting a JamMan, Echoplex Digital Pro or Akai Headrush. If you have ever seen Phil Keaggy play and use his looper you would understand why. I don't ever expect to do what he does, but I though it might be useful for practicing and/or writing songs. Anybody use one or have any thoughts/recommendations?
Old 08-02-2002, 03:29 PM

the Jam man is great! one of my friends has one, it's really expensive though. I don't know of any other loopers, if you find one that is good and cheap though, please let me know, I would also like to find something like that

2003 D-28
My modified Epi Dot
Old 08-04-2002, 03:44 PM

In a week or two, I am picking up a Boss RC-20. It has 5 minutes of recording time. Has some other features like you can record a cd a slow it down to learn it with out changing the pitch. Sounds good too. It will be great on my acoustic gigs. They are $300 at Guitar Center but I printed out a price of $250 off the net and they said they would match it.
Here is a link:
http://www.guitarsheetmusic.biz/stor...M.RC-20&nav=sp
Good Luck

Taylor 314ce w/ imix
Cordoba C10 Cedar/IRW
CA Bluegrass Performer w/ kk pure mini
Taylor Baby
Heritage Golden Eagle w/ Kent Armstrong PAF
Collings City Limits
Collings i35lc
Suhr S1
SVL 61 Reserve
Acoustic Image Clarus 2r
Raezers edge NY8
Supro 1600 Supreme
Fuchs ODS bassman mod
Glaswerks 1x12xl w/ celestion 12-65
Old 08-19-2002, 11:06 AM
Me

Stephan,
Did you get it? How do you like it?
Old 08-20-2002, 07:52 AM

Picked it up last week. I like it a lot. Sounds pretty good but not perfect. Does color the sound a little but I am using different strings now to so it is hard to tell how much. You have to play with it a little to get the right volume both for in and out but still pretty easy. Pretty easy to use. Common sence. I am gigging with it on wednesday and looking forward to it. Finally will be able to solo. Also easy to record with an outside source. You can even record something and slow it down without changing pitch. Great for transcribing. I got it for $250 with the print out above.

Any other questions just let me know.

Good Luck

Taylor 314ce w/ imix
Cordoba C10 Cedar/IRW
CA Bluegrass Performer w/ kk pure mini
Taylor Baby
Heritage Golden Eagle w/ Kent Armstrong PAF
Collings City Limits
Collings i35lc
Suhr S1
SVL 61 Reserve
Acoustic Image Clarus 2r
Raezers edge NY8
Supro 1600 Supreme
Fuchs ODS bassman mod
Glaswerks 1x12xl w/ celestion 12-65
Old 08-20-2002, 03:48 PM

I have a Line6 DL4 which does up to 28 seconds of looping plus alot of delay stuff. It does a pretty good job with the audio quality, but alot of the time I need just another 2 or 3 seconds when I find my loop time has expired.

I think if I was looking for a looper I'd go with one that has longer loop times. If I was looking for a delay unit, I like the Boss DD5 better than the Line6 DL4.

Peace.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell