The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 01-31-2021, 10:10 AM

Default Sunday Chord Melody #24

This week's song is George Gershwin's "A Foggy Day."

Here's the link: https://youtu.be/Kq889UXz-ag.\

Enjoy.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:17 AM

oh man! perfect!!!thanks !!
Old 01-31-2021, 02:48 PM

Default Great Job...Thank You...!!!

Hey Stephen,

I just want to say how much I enjoy what you are doing here!

I really love the fact that you add some history of the piece, and the way you do it, with the rolling credits is great. The old posters from the era are another nice touch.

The fact that you provide the arrangement, so professionally written, and for no charge is really wonderful.

I was thinking that "I Got Rhythm" would be good fit for you. Do you have any plans to tackle that one?

Please keep up the good work and keep these wonderful "standards" coming!
Old 01-31-2021, 10:34 PM

Thank you, Eyesore. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:49 PM

Thank you very much, Mike. It has been interesting to research the history of the song and fun to try to find the early sheet music and playbill covers.

As for providing the scores, I understand that professionals have to charge for their work in order to earn a living, and they have every right to do so, but a rank amateur like me, as the name implies ("amateur" comes from the Latin "amator" = one who loves something), does it because he loves what he does and wants to share it, and I am really appreciative of you and of all who listen to my amateur efforts.

"I Got Rhythm" is a really fun piece. I haven't looked at the score, but, just going by memory, I think it might be difficult to arrange for the guitar. I'll definitely keep it in mind though.

Unfortunately, I have injured a tendon in my left arm and went a month without playing any instrument. I am trying to ease back into playing with the alto recorder, but it is a real struggle. My various fretted instruments are out of the question right now, as is the Celtic harp. I think I have six of these videos left to post. Maybe by that point I'll be able to play guitar again and can pick up where I left off. I hope so anyway.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell